Tablet for beginner - best brand (1 Viewer)

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
My mother is 80 years old and my father died 18 months ago and she is lonely and has never used a computer, she wants to keep in touch with some of the family through facebook and also has a digital camera with hundreds of photos that she want to put on. She can not be bothered to understand how to start up a laptop and she has seen my Ipad and likes how I just flip the cover open and swipe the screen and its ready. what is the best kind and simplest to use. Also what is the easiest way to transfer all the photos.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I don't know how you'd transfer the photos onto an ipad. I blue toothed a load from one phone to a new one. Can you do that with a camera?

For tablet ipad standard and mini both easy to use. The mini is light in weight but smaller screen of course. Kindle Fire also seems good and very reasonable price.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not sure that any tablet would be any good for storing photos because of the lack of memory.

iPads are dead easy to use.

As for the Kindle Fire we bought one for my Father in Law and he couldn't get on with it and nor could I. It just isn't as good as the iPad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For ease of use, it has to be an iPad. Facebook is easy on the iPad too. You can always set up an online album on drop box for all the photos so she can see them easily enough. (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
iPad, you can load photos on easily by just plugging in an attachment I have 64 GB version and have over 10,000 photos and 100, of music CD's and lots of storage spare, I think most people could get away with 32 GB.

Jen's Mum and Dad have an iPad and live on it.

I think that I am right in saying it has to be connected to a desktop first time to set it up and it is worth doing this now and again to back up if the photos that are going on are not stored somewhere else as well.

Martin

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
My daughters ipad ( one of the original ones so it had had a long life) died after my grandson was sick on it in the car! Insurance provided them with a new iPad Air and photos were retrieved via Cloud and transferred very easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Slightly off topic but has a bearing on transferring photo's. I recently purchased a 5 in 1 camera connector for my Ipad Air, it works brilliantly and may be of interest.

Broken Link Removed

And to save both removing my tablet case and making the reader much easier to use I purchased a "lightening" cable extension.

Broken Link Removed

No connection with either seller.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back