Tables (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
I never did get the table for my Burstner, neither did I get the value even though I got a court judgement.

So, I have the pedastol on which the 'imaginary' top should sit. The pedastol is quite a heavy fixture and to date it's just existed in the garage.

A table would be nice BUT, do I want to fix the heavy pedastol in place or, would I be better getting a good quality unfixed table that could be moved to the awning when the need arises or even folded and left in the garage when the space is needed in the van?

I'm sorta swayed toward the portable table option and if this is the route I take, I'd like a really good quality table.

Any tips, any advice?

Cheers

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you have a Court Judgment, just put the Bailiffs in, I am sure Chris our legal eagle can advise further

As to table, dunno, there are plenty of camping type tables available that fold up

Peter

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Make sure the height of any free standing table is right for each situation. Adjustable legs are good! The one we got with the 'van' has fixed height legs and I can just about get my chin over it when using it outside with our outdoor chairs. Consequently, we carry two tables?? I believe it gives us choice. To me it's less wine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
John,

There's a caravan breaker near your neck of the woods (sorry can't remember their name - but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can). A free standing table can be considerably more practical than fixed. But as said earlier, ensure you get a good quality one at the correct height. I suspect about £80 - £100 will be the price range from what I've heard others quote.

Last edited:

robi49

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Beith
Funster No
MH
low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Stiched up

John,

There's a caravan breaker near your neck of the woods (sorry can't remember their name - but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can). A free standing table can be considerably more practical than fixed. But as said earlier, ensure you get a good quality one at the correct height. I suspect about £80 - £100 will be the price range from what I've heard others quote.

The Rats there are more good dealers than bad out there TG

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We've just bought a table to use outdoors with an adjustable leg (just the one but better than none LOL) from Go Outdoors. Got a slatted top and comes in bits and stores in a bag. £45.

Pretty solid bit of kit by the looks but will let you know after this coming weekend when we'll use it - weather permitting.

It is high though but we have two fold into a carry bag chairs that are of reasonable height, so we're hoping they'll prove a match.

Otherwise some hacksaw engineering will have to be done!

I think Fiamma do a similar one but think theirs was nearer £80.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, I'm selling the table and leg/bracket from my Hymer if you are interested- £50 for the lot.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have bought the Fiamma tripod stand and pole to make a table for use outside, get a top and heh presto you have a table to put anywhere, at whatever height you need.

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks for all the replies :)

Plenty of info for me to wade through when I get home from work this evening.

Cheers

John

PS Malvern might be the place to buy - I can see different tables at one event and compare.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Table

I have bought the Fiamma tripod stand and pole to make a table for use outside, get a top and heh presto you have a table to put anywhere, at whatever height you need.

Same here, Fiamma leg, pole and bit that fixed the leg to the table from Johns Cross, then a table top. Google "bistro table tops" and you will find some top or get a piece of worktop, a good joiner and some edging strip.

This article about modifications to my motorhome features a Link Brokene. Just page down to the photo.

Russell

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back