Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
We have decided, after six nights away in total, that fiddling around with our quite large fold up dining table is too much hassle and it takes up all of the floor space so we don't want to leave it up permanently.

We were looking at freestanding smaller tables....big enough for two of us to eat at but small enough to push to one side to give us some floor space when not in use, but haven't managed to find one the right size yet. The smaller ones are all 'coffee table size' and are therefore too low to eat at. Then, we remembered seeing some tables in other motorhomes that are on an arm with an elbow, so you can swing it in and out of position. The arm was fixed at the bottom, onto the base of the sofa or slotted into a round hole on the floor. The table also had a slide out bit so you could extend the table top for eating but reduce it to take up less space when you just need somewhere for your coffee cups!

Does anyone know where we can buy one of these from......are they available from caravan equipment shops....we haven't seen any so far. Or have we got to contact a caravan/ motorhome manufacturer?

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
whoops The range hobbies work table lays flat and can adjust x4 heghts £19.99 from the Range outlets

OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
I think it is almost right Golly......thank you. But I'm sure we have seen some that have an elbow in the arm, giving more 'positionability'.

We've also seen one with a table that has a pull out extending bit.

I can see it's going to be pricey to do this though because that straight leg is £150 and we'd have to buy the table top separately!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Do you mean something more like this? We had ours done at Peter Hambiltons but I've seen the swan neck legs at most motorhome showrooms. I'm sure you could pick up an old table at a second hand shop or similar and work it to fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
Katv.....the one we saw had another metal arm where your leg meets your table, then the table was fixed to the second arm. My thinking was that we could then have a small table top (with an extending to make it big enough for meals) and would be able to manoeuvre it into almost any position or almost completely out of the way. We only want a permanent table top less than half of the size of yours because we don't want to render one of our side sofas unusable when the table is over it. Our lounge isn't huge, hence why we don't want to keep our folding table up all the time.

I've seen them in the European style motorhomes that have a dinette at the front with the cab seats swivelled. Might pop to a motorhome sales place next weekend and see if I can get a specific model then contact their dealer to get a price.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions....at least I know I can get the swan neck one's if we can find a suitable extending top. If all else fails, it will have to just be a smaller folding table that isn't so backbreaking to put up.....ours is quite big and heavy and takes a lot of effort to put up and away and it stores in the bathroom cupboard so it has to be carried through the kitchen, bedroom and into the bathroom then lifted above the loo to its storage place! Pain in the proverbial.......!

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Have a look at the one in Mountain Warehouse, we removed our Rapido table so we could fit the Dog cage behind the passenger seat. The table fits in perfectly, is the right height to eat at. It is used outside if we need extra space, it sites in the bedroom doorway if I need prep space in the kitchen and is easy to fold up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back