Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T line 590
Exp
since 2000
I had a disaster this morning and dropped something on our table top in the motorhome. It has chipped and gone through the grey laminate surface into the hollow interior. Has anyone any suggestions for filling and making good the repair?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Worktop joint filler / sealant will work for a while but it's likely to fall out in the long term. Depending on the colour of the laminate I'd suggest using some epoxy resin adhesive like Araldite. Once set it's unlikely to move and has pretty neutral opaque colour
Hope this helps
Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Or for a better finish re laminate the complete table top it's fairly easy to do

And not very expensive

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I did a similar thing on our last van. It needed a grey coloured filler to make the repair and I ended up using some exhaust paste. It must have worked quite well because the people who bought the van didn't notice the repair.
Since then we always cover the table with a thick rubber matting when it's not in use.
Also we now use empty Carte d'Or ice-cream containers to store things in the overhead cupboards to reduce the chance of stuff falling out when we open the cupboard doors.- - It's works for us, so far, so good

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I did a similar thing on our last van. It needed a grey coloured filler to make the repair and I ended up using some exhaust paste. It must have worked quite well because the people who bought the van didn't notice the repair.
Since then we always cover the table with a thick rubber matting when it's not in use.
Also we now use empty Carte d'Or ice-cream containers to store things in the overhead cupboards to reduce the chance of stuff falling out when we open the cupboard doors.- - It's works for us, so far, so good

Would a cheaper ice-cream container work?

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Oh. no dear chap, only the quality ice-cream, none of this peasant stuff, it really wouldn-do. lol

Kelly's Cornish, with clotted cream, for the Sam household. Wouldn't dream of any other container.

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Just looked at their gallery. Very impressive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back