Table repair to laminate surface (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
2007 N-B Arto 69 EGB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi.

I am wanting to get a table resurfaced because it has a big dent in it where it looks like something has been dropped on it. Fortunately it is easy to get the table out.

The finish is some kind of laminate. Who would I get to do this? Is this something that any joiner would do?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Andy Bramhall
Newcastle, UK

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No reason why a competent joiner, or ideally cabinet maker, couldn't do this for you, in layman's terms its a matter of finding a piece of laminate to suit your interior, or as close a match as you want, then filling the existing hold, preparing the surface and sticking the laminate on. Depending on the thickness it can either be cut to size before it is stuck on or trimmed afterwards, then the edges just need finishing/smoothing etc.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Depending on your diy skills there's no reason you couldn't do this yourself, shopfitting joinery workshops will use laminates, I had a stack of offcuts when I had my workshop, if they can cut a piece roughly to size for you then it just needs adhering with contact adhesive, spread onto both surfaces, allow to dry and then bond together, you can buy a trim cutter that would go into a small router which has a bearing that will follow the edge of the table so it will trim it off flush.
If you don't feel comfortable doing it then just find a local shopfiiting firm, if they manufacture their own stuff they'll have the necessary kit to do it for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I had a hole in our table which was filled and colour matched by a chap trading as Surface Renew and a great job he did ... only problem he is based in Kent but there others.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Andy Bramhall don't suppose you've got a photo of the table top have you?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I had a hole in our table which was filled and colour matched by a chap trading as Surface Renew and a great job he did ... only problem he is based in Kent but there others.

We have a similar company called plastic surgeon, often seen repairing scratches on kitchen work tops on new housing sites after the painters decide to use them as storage and work benches!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A
Feb 13, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
2007 N-B Arto 69 EGB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not got a picture tonight - but basically it's a big dent about 2 inches square that drops about 1 cm down into the table top. I'm sure it can be easily resurfaced - but it's an unusual irregular shaped table to fit with an L-shaped dinette and rotating cab seats - so I wouldn't have the confidence to do it myself.

Plastic surgeon sounds like a good shout though. Looks as though they are genuinely national - so will give them a call in the morning.

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back