Table problems!! :-( (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
Hi all, we have a problem with the table in our Ixeo IT 590, it wont stay up!!!
It has adjustment up and down and left/right back/forward

The up/down seems like an office chair system, but operated with a cable and lever

Has anybody had a table fail and did it get replaced under warranty?

Johnwats

Free Member
Mar 3, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We have a year old 586 and the table failed in exactly the same way after a few months, took it back to Chelston in Wellington and they replaced the leg under the warranty, so you should be OK.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we bought out Globecar we had problems with the table and reported it to the dealer when we found out that they already knew and had ordered a new support ... just a shame they didn't tell us when we picked it up!

If the MH's still under warranty (not the insurance backed sort though) it should be replaced FOC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sorted!! :) The cable had been fitted too tight, and was opening the valve to lower it all the time! I had to shorten the outer of the cable to give me enough slack on the inner, which was a pain (And meant removing table top) but now if the cable goes slack, I can use the adjuster to take it in!!
Please with myself!! :)

Johnwats

Free Member
Mar 3, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
When the table mechanism broke it actually changed to way we operated the bed. Previously we used to drop the table and pull all the seat backs off and lay them flat on the table and bring the bed down as low as it would go to make it easier to get in and out. Now we just pull the seat backs forward and drop the bed down to where we can use a folding stool to hop on and we don't have to muck around with dropping and lifting the table and it takes seconds to use the seating area once the bed is raised.

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We have tried that, but one of use (the more sprightly I hasten to add!!) is "vertically challenged" and the stool would be too big to store easily!! ;-)

Johnwats

Free Member
Mar 3, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Getting into bed may be difficult but getting out is simple, especially if you forget how high the bed is and adopt the plummet method. I find I still bounce which is good news!

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
When the table mechanism broke it actually changed to way we operated the bed. Previously we used to drop the table and pull all the seat backs off and lay them flat on the table and bring the bed down as low as it would go to make it easier to get in and out. Now we just pull the seat backs forward and drop the bed down to where we can use a folding stool to hop on and we don't have to muck around with dropping and lifting the table and it takes seconds to use the seating area once the bed is raised.
We have the IT 734 from the same range, will the bed not go down to seating level without moving the seat backs, our does and pretty certain from what I remember at the shows the 590 was the same lengthways bed as ours and that did

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The Ixeo It 590 (To give it its Sunday name ! :) ) has a transverse electric bed, not an inline one? (same as 586) so you can lower it to above the backs and use a ladder, or lower table and remove backs to access without a ladder, but still use a step as its more comfortable, saves getting your tackle caught as you lower yourself down for the loo!! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back