T6 Conversion... (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I like Bilbo's as well but they are expensive.

For a more reasonably priced conversion try Hillside Leisure..

http://www.hillsideleisure.co.uk/campervan-range/

Pete
Try VanScape or South West Camper Coversions as they used to be known. One of the very best in the country in my opinion.
I have one that I'll be selling as now just use the motorhome really and it's sat on the drive.
The thing is with a lot of converters, they build all the units in the workshop and then fit them in the vehicle and this is even at the more expensive end and a lot of the well known companies.
This is fine if you want squeaks and rattles.
South West and a few others actually scribe to the van as not all vans come off the production line exactly the same.
Don't mean to go on but it narks me when I see the prices that some companies charge and then people pay the over inflated prices.
My VW is 5 years old and I've done over 50k miles in it all over Europe and nothing ever squeaks or rattles and for me......that is worth paying for.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
We used Teahupoo in Lancs for our T5. Very good quality conversions and very bespoke. Waiting list of around a year says it all!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The thing is with a lot of converters, they build all the units in the workshop and then fit them in the vehicle and this is even at the more expensive end and a lot of the well known companies.
This is fine if you want squeaks and rattles.
South West and a few others actually scribe to the van as not all vans come off the production line exactly the same.

there may be very minor differences..

are you saying these differences are significant enough to warrant a bespoke built for every van of the same year and marque ?

I find that hard to believe.. I worked at Fords assemble line and vehicles are built to high accuracy.. body panels are welded by robotic welders.. if they were out of tolerance they would be scrapped..

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
No rattles or squeaks in ours at all when we had it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 11
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
there may be very minor differences..
are you saying these differences are significant enough to warrant a bespoke built for every van of the same year and marque ?

I find that hard to believe.. I worked at Fords assemble line and vehicles are built to high accuracy.. body panels are welded by robotic welders.. if they were out of tolerance they would be scrapped..
1-2mm tolerance is enough for a squeak, and that is nothing.
I have had vw conversions from other companies that do move and rattle around and believe me when they are not scribed to the vehicle they will.
Not all builds are the same!!
Pays your money and takes your choice, it's as simple as that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
This doesn't come as a recommendation , but, we were on a site last month and next to us was a tent and a 62 plate T6.
In conversation the bloke said it was about to be converted by;
Coastal Camper Van Conversions
Unit 1 Rundle Court, Miller Business Park, Station Road,
Liskeard PL14 4DA

01579 340315
Open
Today 8:30AM - 6:00PM

Price Range: $
Typically replies within minutes
Message Now
http://www.coastal-campers.co.uk

As said not a recommend but the bloke I spoke to had done lots of research. Might be worth a phone call.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
There are literally hundreds of Campervan converters around but only very few that can do the job right.
When I had my last van I spent months researching and at that time and in my mind it came down to three in the whole country.
I spend my hard earned very wisely, and want a product that will last.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back