t-mobile 3G/HSDPA at stratford (wheres it gone) (1 Viewer)

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
anyone else at stratford onthe net using a t-mobile dongle?

i have been getting a HSDPA signal so far, running at about 2.5 megs download speed,

was like that when i connected a couple of hours ago, but i noticed it was suddenly very slow, and i can only get a gprs connection now,

tried re-booting the pooter, pluged the dongle lead into another port (the dongle is on the end of a 5 meter usb extension lead, which ends in the roof light, so it's outside the metal of the van which blocks signals)

it's bloomin slooooow on a gprs connection, ok, i can remember using my phone as a modem many years ago, think it was a 9.6 k connection, and that was considered good, but it's 2010, i need speed, i want the pages to pop up when i click on them, not chug along for 5 minutes, displaying all the adverts first,
c'mon, what do i pay my quid a day for :RollEyes:

OP
OP
G

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
never mind, panic over, the end of the world has been averted,

i have my hsdpa signal back again, tho i notice it's fluctuating between 3G and hsdpa,

maybe it's all the other motorhomers here sucking all the good signal away or something.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I used to experience the same at times with T-Mobile and with Vodafone. 3 sometimes seems to drop to 2G when the dongle is inactive (i.e. not actually receiving/sending data) but then wakes up again when there is traffic.

It usually happens when you are on the edge of a good signal area - but according to the T-Mobile coverage map, Stratford Racecourse should be OK all over.

Graham

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I lost my T-Mobile 3G connection for a while yesterday, in my office where there's usually a strong signal. That blinking ash cloud or all those satellite thingies they keep sending up I suppose.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Likely to be a problem with one of T-Mobile's masts or base stations. Cell phones don't use satellites so aren't affected by anything shot into space - or even ash clouds :Smile:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back