Sygic Truck GPS Navigation

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by ShiftZZ, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Thoughts?

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Tried it once, didn't like it.

3. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

I have it and CoPilot Truck on an Android Nexus 7. I primarily use CoPilot, one of the main reasons being the POI handling. If you have a pan European group of POI's for example, in CoPilot you get the csv file for the whole area and plonk it into the correct folder launch CoPilot and it sorts them. Sygic, different ball game, it will only accept POI's in individual countries, first hurdle, then you need rupi format, then you put that through an upi converter and install. I did France and Spain for my main group and have not bothered after that. As a navigation tool its very good, but as I have it as sort of backup and dont use it much I cannot give any serious detailed critique.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I'd give this one a go Dave, unrivalled support. (y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dbnosey

dbnosey Funster

Hi Sallylillian
    I have just got the CoPilot car but will use the RV setting as a backup to my TomTom.
    I am very interested in your pan European POI's. Where did you get them from and where do I install them. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Colin

6. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

7. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Hi Colin, I have collections, like Archies, my own google map collection, camper contact, camperstop, Mylpg, spanish Aires, just collect them from all over the web. You need .csv files so use a converter if for example you get a KML file from Google. Open them in Excel and make sure you only have 3 columns. You need labels at the top of each col. Longitude, Latitude, Name. CoPilot does not bother with extra columns I have found but these three must be first. If you are OK with Excel its easy. Save the resultant .csv. Copy them over to your device and then find the CoPilot Directory, should be a folder called EU, inside that a folder called Save. Drop the file in there. There is another save folder outside that but dont use that one. If there is not a save folder in EU create one. Restart CoPilot. Several good sites on the web go into better detail than I have.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

9. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

Nope, sorry never noticed. Is he an important type of fellow ? Should I toady up to him ? Lick his proverbials etc ?
    If so, then no can do, 'cos the VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan is my bestest ever mate. :hugs:

Sorry, to quote Sheldon ................. :devil:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016