Swivel Seat

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by combi, Apr 17, 2011.

1. combi

combi Read Only Funster

Just back from our first weekend away in the van.We had a nice time. everything worked as it should and the site was so peaceful you would not believe it.

The weekend did highlight a small problem in that we found that it would be very useful if the front passenger swivelled. What I am after is a swivel conversion base for a 1999 Ford Transit that does not need any modification (diy not a strong point) and the only ones I can find listed all say modifications may have to be made.

Do any of you funsters know of bases that are a straight swop?

Thanks
    cakeboy

ps I am now officially pants at reversing -- a reversing camera may be my next purchase.

2. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

I just recently fitted a second hand seat swivel that I found being offered for sale on the Transit forum. It had already been modified, but it looks like the modification wouldn't be too difficult to do. It needs to be done with a round file to enlarge and elongate a hole on the side nearest the door...ie left side of swivel.

And it makes a really worthwhile difference, having had swivels on previous m/h's, I really missed it and had to have it, even though it was a bit pricey secindhand. But.....seller's market.

3. combi

combi Read Only Funster

Thanks you don't know the make by any chance

cakeboy

4. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Sorry, I don't recall it, but it is one of the main brands. They are all much the same.

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Google---ford transit swivel seat base
    loads around 70 quids
    terry