Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi

We are regulars to Italy and have tried various routes in the past, although without fail, we transit the St Gotthard tunnel.

This trip however, we went over the pass going to Italy (brilliant) and returned via the Simplon Pass (good, but not as good as....)

The St Gotthard pics and our comments are here. I know there are a few of you in Italy at present so perhaps you will give it a go.

Pics of St Gotthard Pass

It was harder to get pics of the Simplon as I was running single manned for this part of the journey!

Russell

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Thanks for your post & pics. Can you say which or what route is easiest in winter ?:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We always use the passes in the Alps, just for the scenery and the 'fun' in driving them but we don't go that way in Winter.
On our last trip we did for a change use a tunnel (Frejus) and it was boooooooring and incredibly expensive (€58 one way), so we won't do that again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rapide561

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Pass

Hi

As far as I am aware, only the Simplon is open through the winter. The others are usually closed.

If you go to Google Switzerland (www.google.ch) and search there is lots more pass information there than the UK Google brings up.

Russell

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back