Swiss Car Trains (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We are heading down to Italy via Zermatt in July and looking at the options of using the Swiss Car trains from Kandersteg to Goppelstein and Brig to Iselle Di Trasquera.

Has anybody used either particularly with an A class as at 3m we should fit but the dimensions start to narrow and I believe you have to drive through the train to load/unload.

From Brig it's not so bad we can just drive over the Simplon pass instead but from Interlaken to Brig is a long way road if we don't use the tunnel.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We used the one to Andermatt. There was no choice because the pass was closed. It was quick and simple and there were coaches on it. The only slightly disconcerting thing was that they are open trucks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes you'll have to drive through the train for load/unload like most systems. I have not made that route with the camper although do know it slightly. Usually there's some tolerance and being Swiss it will be exact !!! We were over size at Brig (3.2m) but we still got on.

In July why the train ?

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Ridgeway.

It's really to save time Interlaken to Zermatt as we have a packed itinerary those few days. From Brig it's more confidence and my Wife is not too keen on the Swiss Passes in the motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back