Swift

Discussion in 'Swift Motorhomes' started by Averhamdave, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Averhamdave

Averhamdave Read Only Funster

Prompted by friends sitting on another site (and usually falling out with each other):Rofl1: I thought I would share the commonly held view there of how wonderful Swift are.

Yep, as an ardent Autotrail fan (a marque i have never had any trouble with hence my previous enthusiasm) I have decided I've been missing out on what must be a wonderful feeling of having a troublesome motorhome attended to by a superb after sales service team.:Wink:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Oh dear babys dropped his dummy out of his pram and is having a hissy fit, poor diddums we will kiss you better.:RollEyes::RollEyes:

3. Averhamdave

Averhamdave Read Only Funster

Thanks for that Peter, feel much better now:Wink:

4. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Here we go again :Doh::Blush:

5. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

In all our m/homing years we have always had Swift,:BigGrin: they have never let us down, a few recalls but that was Fiat's faults:cry:, although we did have one problem:Doh:, we found a leak on the roof window, and both Johnscross and Swift done us proud:thumb:, because we live in our m/h Swift put us up in a hotel and give us a retail car for the duration of the repairs:RollEyes:. And when we go to Johncross shop we always get a lovely welcome, always get a cup of coffee and chat with staff, who treat us like old friends:thumb:.
    Ray n Geri

6. pat101

pat101 Read Only Funster

Most new gear like this will have a hick up or two or twenty.But the most satisfying thing is the manufacture does give a smell . When buying our last van the final detail was how far the dealer or warranty repair place was away from our door step.

The answer is about 200 miles each way if the other dealer had the same offer as the one i bought it off it would have been 150 miles,

The other brands were even further away.

Thats one of the reasons i gave Swift my money, and they do also keep a big eye on what the public think.

I could have bought German. Some or a lot of these units come with Truma boliers.
    Truma are the only reason my swift van has been back to the dealers four times now at a cost of 80 odd £ a go but if it solves the problem im happy.

Im not grudging for or against the manufacture but just saying perfection comes at a big price out of reach from most of us i'm afraid.

Just look at the poor paint work on a new Rolls Royce against any older model, orange peal affect you'll know it if you see it. All that money spent and you get a robot finish as you would on a new Ka.

Believe me if you want to see bad customer service from the factory you ought to of had a few TVR's google speed six if your interested, I had three over three years the second one went up in flames two months into ownership. I could have rung Peter Wheeler if i wished but a call to my insurers would and was to be more proactive .

I don't think it matters what you spend or on what some times shit happens and that's the way it is just perceiver and get over it.

And if you like what you have enjoy it and sort the niggles when they arise .

A good sense of humour will be required when owning any of the vehicles mentioned.

Cheers.

7. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

thats what i call very good service :thumb:

8. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Dave, if you came over and posted this as a troll, expecting to cause the type of fallout you have seen on Facts;:swear::swear::swear: I'm sure you'll be disappointed.:BigGrin: There might be a bit of debate but none of the vitriol and insults. Were a little more chilled over here:moon: :BigGrin:

9. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

A new 'post' every few days. Almost seems planned doesn't it. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. tofo

tofo Funster

Its only cause
    they cant post on that other place
    similar remarks
    thats the fun bit on here
    post what u like
    and funny or sensible we still abstract the yellow stuff

11. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

My motorhome is a Swift, I have had it for 10 years and have been very pleased with the layout and overall build quality. If I ever decided to change it I would buy another Swift, the one I really fancy is the Kontiki, but I have no plans at the moment to change it.

The only problems I have had have been with the Fiat part, but I have covered over 100,000 miles in the 10 years I have owned it and it is not unreasonable for things to go wrong from time to time.

Phil.