Swift Sundance 630G bathroom tap problem (1 Viewer)

JockyCI

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
St. Peter Port, Guernsey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbee
Hello Everyone, Just wondered if anyone knows why the bathroom tap come shower head keeps falling out from the tap fitting, and is always lying in the sink, when put back into the tap unit it does not hold.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Russ.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dont know the answer to that one but if no one comes up with a SENSIBLE :ROFLMAO:answer, you are welcome to give Ian or Glen a call on Monday and ask them
01-580-881288 and select workshop option

Peter

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jocky,
A similar thing happened to me. I've got a Whale tap set up which is used for both basin and shower. I found that there's a plastic seating to fit the tap into when used for the basin position. It had cracked and therefore wouldn't hold the handset securely. I tried to glue it but without success and had to buy a new collar assembly . I looked at the Whale website for the correct bits.
Regards, Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JockyCI

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
St. Peter Port, Guernsey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbee
Hi Roy

Many thanks for this, sounds as though it may be the same problem, I will take a look and chech their website in the morning.

Regards,

Russell..

OP
OP
J

JockyCI

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
St. Peter Port, Guernsey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbee
Updated with image of tap

Dear All, here is a picture of my tap/shower head showing the problem.

Many thanks to all who have responded so far.

Russell.

Attachments

• Sundance Tap.jpg
    Sundance Tap.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 28

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry Russell, I see that my taps aren't like yours at all. Good luck with getting help.
regards,
Roy

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Russell looking at your taps the only way to get it to stay put is to drive over bumps slower ::bigsmile: The shower head is top heavy:cry: better to pull it out and leave it in the sink so it does not break anything :thumb: EDIT you can always try a new rubber sealing ring, the one about 1 ins up from where shower head fits into base
Terry

Last edited:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Have you checked under the sink to make sure the excess hose is not snagging and therefore pushing the tap out of the holder.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Change the black rubber seal "O" ring on the shower head just above where it connects to the pipe..... or look inside the tap part where the shower head fits.....it seems to have a balck/grey-ish plastic/nylon insert which may well be your problem....see if the insert will prise out gently with damaging it..and replace..it could be worn. or change the pipe....it looks like a normal fitting shower pipe try to get one that fits tight into the tap part.
Mel

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back