Swift sundance 530 LP Newbie needing advice (1 Viewer)

Sheila.m

Free Member
Nov 13, 2016
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Buying my very first motor home and have fallen in love with a swift sundance 530model. It is 7 years old with 20000 miles on the clock, no smell of damp but to be honest I don't really know how to check for that. It costs 27 795 from a reputable dealer knowepark caravans in edinburgh. I would appreciate advice . I want to use in Britain - mainly in the wester isles in Scotland - in basic campsites- but only for a limited number of days at a time.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi and welcome to Fun we had a swift iSundance 630 g not sure on sure model you are looking at but there is loads of info on here regarding Swift . We know there was a problem with water ingress with the floors via the skirts on some models check in all cuboards use a damp meter with you . Check all heating and appliances and water pump . Check all electrics on 12 v and on electric . We had ours for 10 years from new had no ,major problems only the weight had to have it upgraded with air assist up to 4.1 .
Regards Kate X

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi and welcome to the Fun.

Your swift should come with a history file showing engine servicing and as important for you is a history of its "habitation" checks.

These should show what checks have been made regarding electrics, Gas and damp checks.

There should be a line drawing of the motorhome and numbers written by all joints like windows, floors and sides.

All the numbers should read less than 20. Any more than that you may well have had or still have a damp problem.

Get their fitter to go around the van with his meter (if you don't have one) and get him to show you what he finds.

They should look something like below

View media item 21146
View media item 21145

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As others have said, some vans suffered with water ingress around the wheel skirts which rotted the floors, apart from damp meter check for 'springy' floors by jumping on them a bit

Good luck

Peter

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
If the dealer is reputable you should be OK, just ask them to confirm in writing that there is no damp.

I used to have a 53 plate 530LP. On the first annual service, the dealer picked up damp around the nearside locker, the one that opens to get at stuff under the bed. It was repaired under warranty. I think the seal was faulty.

Apart from that it was a nice van. A good size for just me and the dog.

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome lilac flowers glitter animated.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You pay some of the balance with a credit card that way any problems you can take up with the credit card company.
Perhaps someone can confirm this or not?

Upvote 0

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
As others have said, some vans suffered with water ingress around the wheel skirts which rotted the floors, apart from damp meter check for 'springy' floors by jumping on them a bit

Good luck

Peter
As. John has said especially Check if it's springy as you step into van . We have See n this in so many swifts we were really lucky with ours. Swift did do a recall on some models the dealer should know if that model or van was one of them .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back