Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
Hi all

does anyone know the answer regarding warranty servicing of new Swift Motorhomes.

we own a 2008 swift suntor 580 pr , a great motorhome now.

The question is do we have to have the vehicle serviced by the supplying dealer to maintain warranty work with them. They say that if the services are not carried out by them , any resulting warranty work will be chargeable.

We know the Fiat vehicle element can be serviced by any Fiat registered dealers.

cheers

ps sent email to swift but not had reply.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Great question

I would personally think that if you can get another Swift authorised dealer or agent to do the service (I assume you mean habitation service) you shouldn't have any warranty problems. I believe there are companies on this web site that would be quiet capable of carrying out habitation services and for that matter the servicing of the Fiat part.

However whether you can then get your supplying dealer or another Swift authorised dealer or agent to carry out any warranty work without paying up front is quiet another matter, while I certainly believe you should be able to, I really don't know the terms of any franchise type arrangements that Swift have with their dealer network and whether they can instruct a member of that network to do any warranty repairs without some form of up front payment can only be answered by them.

I would however expect that if all of the servicing was carried out by Swift authorised service agents, in the unlikely event that you needed to have warranty work carried out and you had to pay up-front I would certainly expect that you would be within your rights to expect to recover that outlay from Swift albeit perhaps through the company that carried out the warranty repairs, which could take some time.

Its worth contacting John Cross as I beleive they are Swift agents and from what I have heard do very good work. there advert is down the right-hand side of the page.

Be very interested in hearing how you get on, and Swifts reply

Hope that helps.

Hi all

does anyone know the answer regarding warranty servicing of new Swift Motorhomes.

we own a 2008 swift suntor 580 pr , a great motorhome now.

The question is do we have to have the vehicle serviced by the supplying dealer to maintain warranty work with them. They say that if the services are not carried out by them , any resulting warranty work will be chargeable.

We know the Fiat vehicle element can be serviced by any Fiat registered dealers.

cheers

Last edited:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
My Habitation and service of my Bessacarr ( Swift ) has always been done by a Swift Caravan Dealer and they have done any warranty work needed with the approval of Swift and I have been very satisfied.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
swift authorised service

Thanks for your replies to date.

just to confirm , realise didn't make it quite clear regarding the component service. To clarify I mean the Swift conversion component.

cheers trev

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No

Hi Treveden,

Firstly, I am sorry you have not had a response to your e-mail, I'm sure you will, our Customer Care team advise it can take 3-4 working days for an answer to the many e-mails / letters we receive.

To answer your specific questions, Swift warranty work can be undertaken by any Swift Group Dealer or Authorised Repairer. The work they undertake will be guaranteed by themselves, so if there are further issues relating to that repair, you need to go back to them. However, new issues can, again, be taken to another Swift dealer / repairer.

I cannot comment on how individual dealers manage their business, but The Swift Group Warranty will still be valid, providing the terms and conditions (outlined on our website or in your handbook) are met, and the person undertaking the repair is authorised by us.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi you can use any Swift franchised dealer and also CLS (member on here) who I think you are actually querying as he is as authourised Swift repairer and does a mobile service.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back