swift royale 630 electrics poser (1 Viewer)

riverboat2001

Free Member
Jun 5, 2010
Rickmansworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma A Class
Exp
5 years
We were out on a site the other evening hooked up to the mains with 5 habitation lights on,the tv on and aerial booster on. The missus ran some water to fill the kettle when she turned off the tap the pump kept on running....
if we switched the control panel from the centr position to leisure everything worked fine and if we turned off 1 light everything worked fine. anything wrong or is it us.
are we using the control panel correctly being in the centre position when on hook up or should it be to the leisure battery setting?
I`m sure the handbook says we should be in the centre when on hook up,but reading other postings has started a little doubt.
Someone on another forum suggested we were outgunning the built in charging unit but as I understand it we are not charging in the mid position.
Are we not actually just draining the battery I`m confused!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome.....

the mid position on the three way rocker will isolate BOTH engine and leisure batteries and you will be running on the onboard charger only, which is also a 15 amp power supply .

ie: when NOT on hookup and the switch in the mid position you have NO 12v electrics in the hab area.

when ON hookup put the switch up and take power from, and charge to, the engine battery
OR
switch down and take power from, and charge to, the hab battery.

usually put the switch in the down position when on hookup....power from hab battery

i agree that you are probably taking too much power from the charger/power supply and overloading it whereas using the battery (switch down)will give you a lot more usable power and charge the battery at the same time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back