Swift Kontiki electrical problems (1 Viewer)

philduncan

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
We have KONTIKI 679 which we acquired privately in October 2009, the van was first registered in March 2008. From when we got the van we have had ongoing electrical problems.

The control panel went faulty and along with the fuse box was sent back to SWIFT for a software upgrade, SWIFT said they never received the part but had signed for them so they replaced them. The new parts were fitted to the van and it worked well for a few days then started playing up once more, this time I was advised by the local auto electrician that the leisure battery was faulty, this was replaced and now the cab battery has gone faulty and I have now replaced this as well.

The problem still persists as the power in the back works intermittently, i.e. the lights don't work nor the tv but the fridge does work.

We are now exasperated and any advice would greatly appreciated

OP
OP
P

philduncan

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
Dave,

we are in Aberdeen but if you think you can help I am happy to come meet,

thanks
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi Phil.
I am in walsall near jct 10 of m6 so long way from aberdeen and not in scotland for another 5 or 6 months.Fault is probably something silly but would need to trace cables,check switches etc.
If you are down this way then feel free to come round but would be cheaper for you to get a local auto electrician,less than cost of diesel there and back.
Dave

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
it sounds very much like your fuse board has failed again , I would contact customer care at Swift for help and advice

Mark

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
Our Kontiki 345 2009 has got issues with its electrics which won't let the fridge work on gas or battery Chelston suggested that the fuseboard is the problem and the " D+ feed" in not working
They are not keen to take the matter forward
Any suggestions very well received after a whacking great bill! Please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back