Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Well you can tell we are new to this game as we've just decided which motorhome to go for a 2015 Swift Kontiki 635 ...what we weren't prepared for is that there isn't any around ...all gone!!! we didn't realise that they just make a few each season.. anyhow just a post to say if anyone sees one available in any showrooms etc could you let know please we will travel as being in Cumbria there aren't many dealers here so that's not a problem
Thankyou kindly

OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Hi thanks Vlad , but already tried campers UK and a few others too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Does the Swift website list their dealers? I know that won't mean they have one, but at least you'd have a list to work through!

OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Hi when I put the model etc in the search field for dealers on swifts site it said non available..however the guy at campers UK did say that there could be one in a showroom somewhere who knows lol we might just have to wait till next year...

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
You might discover that most dealerships have already sold this years quota of 2015 motorhomes.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Are they still called leaky Kontiki or has that been resolved??

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Why not try ringing Todds at Lostock Hall and ask if they can source one for you. They are Swift dealers and once told us (we are regular customers!) that if we ever saw a van somewhere in the country they could attempt to source it for us. Long shot I admit but possibly worth a try, and after Hartleys they are probably your nearest dealer.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
You clearly have no idea what these vans are like, I bought a new one 3 years ago and have been very pleased with it and i would recommend so Barbara don't be put off by this post they are good motorhomes,
They must be doing something right or the op would not have problem finding one.

OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks everyone I will try todds See if they can source one and have emailed Marquis....,whatever make of motorhome you look at there is always someone ready to shoot you down.and yes the leak problem has been resolved apparently by a new body structure..

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Have you tried Peter @ Johns cross motorhomes -not like him to miss a sales opportunity -JC are Swift dealers and members on here
terry

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
N+B are sold out of Flairs until next April, but many dealers have bought stock, so same issues. I have often wondered if maybe when a dealer sells a new MH he registers the sale with the manufacturer. So a call to Swift may identify if there are any out there unsold? Telephone perhaps instead of email?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
In fairness to Sue they did used to be called Leaky Kontiki sometime ago. It is fairly common on here for others to rib folks about their choice of motorhome - Burstner v Rapido owners for example.

I've lost count of how many times my van (a Hymer) has been called a tin shed on wheels, usually by a certain Market Harborough dwelling owner @teddybard who has a Tupperware box on wheels (AutoSleeper). I have some friends who have Soggy Swifts ( probably no damp at all as far as I know). It just goes with the territory and I expect no offence was intended at all.

Anyways, I hope you find your new van soon and don't have to wait until next year. Maybe consider a 2014 modal

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
yes the leak problem has been resolved apparently by a new body structure..

Being a cautious person I'd wait a year to see if the new grand plan has unforeseen problems. Plastic has high expansion, it will be interesting to see what happens when they hit Med sunshine. We all know of plastic windows and doors that have problems in extremes of temperature.

Any all new design throws up teething problems.

I'm sure I saw a post on here recently that said a manufacturer ( I think Swift ) had a clause in it's warranty forbidding foreign travel for more than a few weeks.

ciderdaze

Free Member
Apr 10, 2012
exmouth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Being a cautious person I'd wait a year to see if the new grand plan has unforeseen problems. Plastic has high expansion, it will be interesting to see what happens when they hit Med sunshine. We all know of plastic windows and doors that have problems in extremes of temperature.

Any all new design throws up teething problems.

I'm sure I saw a post on here recently that said a manufacturer ( I think Swift ) had a clause in it's warranty forbidding foreign travel for more than a few weeks.
Really !!! So your saying they could Expand in the Med sunshine and Swift say its not a good idea to leave in the sun and forbid you to go abroad for more than 2 weeks, Wow glad i have a old one

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have you tried Peter @ Johns cross motorhomes -not like him to miss a sales opportunity -JC are Swift dealers and members on here
terry

I don't think they have any new Swift's in stock.

Saw a load of new Autotrails there yesterday though.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

yes.. 90 days

1. The SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties only apply to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK, which means that the motorhome is not used for continuous journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey. Please refer to the Fiat or Peugeot handbook for use of the base vehicle outside the UK.
Broken Link Removed

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Really !!! So your saying they could Expand in the Med sunshine and Swift say its not a good idea to leave in the sun and forbid you to go abroad for more than 2 weeks, Wow glad i have a old one

Swift state that the motorhome is designed for use in the UK, trips abroad for more than 90 days invalidate the 10 year warranty.
I queried it last year, told it was correct. How they would know I am not sure, but will not be buying one because of that clause.

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
Swift state that the motorhome is designed for use in the UK, trips abroad for more than 90 days invalidate the 10 year warranty.
I queried it last year, told it was correct. How they would know I am not sure, but will not be buying one because of that clause.
so does this mean you cant buy a swift abroad ?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Elsewhere on the Forum I published a response I had from Swift to my request for justification of the 90 day rule.

They said it was to avoid people permanently exporting the unit then expecting Swift to cover the warranty.

I pointed out that "snowbirds" may take them abroad for more than 90 days and use them in more clement weather than if used in the UK. I suggested that they could reword their exclusion clause to protect themselves and still allow the "snowbirds" to buy Swift products. I received no reply!

I am the owner of a new Swift myself. The 90 day rule will not impact on me but I still think it perverse.(n)(n)

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Check with Spinneys - think there was one there a week or so ago.
Not sure of web address but google it and should be ok. they are near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Its nothing to do with shooting you down, its just that it is what they were (past tense) known as for a reason.
you are spending a lot of hard earned funds, and buying a motorhome should be a pleasure.
There aŕe a few folk who have problems with new English vans and it has been extremely stressful for them getting it resolved, which takes away all the joy and pleasure and pride in your purchase.
tread cautiously. Some dealers are lacking in their after sales..
european vans just seem to have less go wrong with them, which is why, even second hand, they sell at a premium, as one funsters recent thread is showing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back