swift kontiki 610 - 2nd battery (1 Viewer)

alanwylde

Free Member
May 15, 2010
Funster No
Hello folks. I have got a 2005 Swift Kontiki 610 and am lookin g at best means of increasing my electricity supply. My current leisure battery ( 85 amh) is coming to the end of its shelf life and I will be replacing with a 125amh. However there is only space for 1 battery in the current location and Swift say they did not cater the specification for a 2nd battery!!! So help and advice needed re the following questions please:
1. Has anyone with a Swift Kontiki 610 installed a 2nd battery and if so can you tell me where it is sited

2. Re the Swift Kontiki , has anyone had a 135w solar panel fitted onto their roof. I think I am struggling for space but would welcome any info re this.

3. General views re whether a solar panel is worth the money? I have been quoted a reasonable price for a 135w panel plus fitting but I am swithering whether having 2 x 125amh batteries would suffice and be a better value option for me. Our energy requirements are relatively low as we do not have a TV or use any heavy usage items. However we were caught out last December coming through Switzerland and I vowed there and then to increase our capacity. My tendency in most things is to go over the top and I am thinking whether the solar panel is just that!!! Thanks

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Solar panel is always going to keep topping up your new 125amp one, (except at night:ROFLMAO:)

I would go for the panel and 125amp battery.

Peter

thebarrysheriff

Free Member
Mar 25, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
five years
Alan. I have a Kontiki 665. i have fitted 85 watt solar panel and it is fine. i was like you and tried fitting bigger. i have fitted lengthways using the roof bars. i have also fitted 2x 85 amp batteries. if yours is under the drivers seat i just put the other under the passengers seat connecting under the carpet and it is not visable at all.
just to fill you in i have used the television with this panel and it copes well.
one item i have done since is fitted LED lighting which are as cheap as chips on ebay just ente G4 led and the choice is yours. they have made a geat improvement and show no discharge at all on the control panel when all the lights are put on at once. Hope this helps. Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Kontiki 640 with 3 x 110ah batteries.
original under the passenger seat and a further two under the dinette seat.

120w panel on the roof and i can still flatten the batteries after 3/4 days.
but we do have heavy usage most of the time...:Blush:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
we had provision for 2 batteries in a compartment under the nearside lounge single bed at the back but as I wanted a freezer installed the dealer used that compartment for the freezer and then put 2x110 amp batteries behind that lowered compartment and another below the chest of drawers in the middle which is a dead space but had the blown air heating dusts in there which he worked around,and an 90watt solar panel on the roof, I must say when we tested it on a non electric site we found the energy that we used was replaced by the following morning and we tried to use a lot to give it a good test we do have LED lights everywhere though and left the tv on all day and the freezer was on all day and used the pump a lot just to try to use a lot of energy and as I said the power used was replaced by the solar panel by the next day so I hope that helps:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back