Swift is burning! (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
WOWeeeeeeee, 42degrees plus for the last two days and more to come, I am BURNING like hell!!! Got the air con on full blast but can only get me down to 29degrees in the day, just TOO hot here right on the beach! We are sheltered from any wind, but had enough now, maybe another week then head home for some cooling down, you can have enough of this hot hot hot sun sand and sea. Went to St Maxime today on the cycles, gave the motorbike a rest, cooked like hell on route drank 2ltrs of pop and a ltr of lemon juice, I am not one for sunbathing but I have a pure White bum where my shorts have been and dark brown on the other bits, just can't get away from it,

I have been trying the French food, went to a restaurant and had a green salD for a starter, it was a lettuce (nearly a whole one) with chopped onions on and some olives and cucumber, with some oily stuff all over it, 10 bloody euros!!!!!!!! I then had my main course of chicken something or other with pepper sauce and lacy type spaghetti stuff, very nice but nearly collapsed when got the bill, mind you we did have 3ltrs of wine between the two of us :Eeek: having a BBQ on the beach tonight, enough of the posh nosh!

I have taken loads of pictures so will post some when get home, I think this year has been exceptionally hot, too much for me!

Due to the heat I think we will head back for the Bank Holiday weekend and go and chill on our boat, the Channel Islands should be cooler than here! Don't get me wrong I have had a great time, but I am burning to death here, not sure if it is the same at home, but I pray for rain every day, but it never comes :cry: all I have worn is shorts, it's too hot to wear clothes! (as can be seen by most of the ladies who go around pretty much naked, you really have to concentrate on keeping the bike straight and steady when looking at the beach candy while cycling on the cycle path all along the coast, otherwise it can be pretty dangerous :Eeek:

Got to go, BBQ is ready, stay safe :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
White bum where my shorts have been and dark brown on the other bits, just can't get away from it,
Must have run out of bog rolls

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Miss judged bog roles, had to buy more :cry: even after all my careful calculations :cry: more like sand paper :cry:

Haven't seen any nudies, but some of the women and even men have tiny swimming trunks on, I saw one woman with hair under her arm pits (as she lay with her arms up sunbathing) but it seemed she had none anywhere else as her trunks were so tiny :Eeek: goodness knows how that works, if I had tiny trunks I would not be a pretty sight ::bigsmile:

The 42 ltr Waeco fridge freezer is working for it's money, it is the mobile 12v / mains chest type, I have it in the awning and it's a life saver :thumb:

Missing you all, maybe next year we could have a meet down here, although very hot and cases and cases of beer and wine required :thumb:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
WooHoo!! Just been looking at my air con unit and found a higher fan speed, within 10 mins I am now down to 26 degrees, blinking FANTASTIC, amazing what specs can do :ROFLMAO:

Well I am chilling now man!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Can I ask you what air con are you using as we want to get one for when we go to france and have been told they are useless in france because of the low amps over there, we have the same size van as you.thanks, trish

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I think you will find they are in Marseille, so nowhere near where I am :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Can I ask you what air con are you using as we want to get one for when we go to grande and have been told they are useless in france because of the low amps over three, we have the same size van as you.thanks, trish

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Can I ask you what air con are you using as we want to get one for when we go to grande and have been told they are useless in france because of the low amps over three, we have the same size van as you.thanks, trish

Er .. in stereo ?

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Well my temperature is now down to 23 degrees ::bigsmile: the fan speed was the only thing holding it back :thumb:

I have the unit between the two front seats facing inwards, it is a perfect fit, I then have the exhaust pipe out of the slightly opened passenger window with the pipe facing downwards outside as I have the full silver screen cover and it makes a perfect fit :thumb:

I have seen an identical one on eBay, great buy for someone, can't remember what I paid for mine new, maybe 2 or £300. Here is the link :thumb:

Link Removed

It's getting like a fridge now, I had better turn it down :ROFLMAO:

Much better than sacrificing a sky light and carrying extra weight all the time, we only use this for France in summer, brilliant bit of kit :winky:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Oh, re amps, we are on 6amps had choice of 4, 6, or 10, had 10 last year and thought we would try 6 this year, had no problems and have 2 freezers a fridge and charger plugged in plus numerous lights and iPads, phones e.t.c. On charge, oh and satellite tv :thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Duly edited.damn predictive text.

Actually, Trish-n-tez, to be serious for a sec, I've got a big Electrolux A/C unit fitted to my motorhome, I forget the model but it's beefier than the usual ones factory fitted by the likes of Elddis, Swift etc., and I've been all over Europe with it with never a problem ... except in the Italian lake district where I found their mains supply so miserly it would barely run the fridge AND the charger. I didn't stay ..... !

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
45 degrees today and getting hotter, is the climate going mad? Got to get out of here, burning up!!!! Weather looks bad up north so maybe wait for later in the week, roasting, roasting, roasting :Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Glad you are burning ::bigsmile: lovely here to-day-sat in shorts enjoying a few drinks and the just right sun :thumb::winky:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Damn and there was me thinking you were burning your return ticket, hee hee. Stop complaining and roast the other side.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Are you real? I'm here and know where I am and what the temperature is, maybe ask the BBC where their probe is because it is not near me, with the sand warming up and no wind it is roasting, even a measly 33 degrees outside would kill you in a car or closed awning, never mind a motorhome! And that is air temperature, don't forget about the blazing sun on objects like me, and cloudless skies!

Here is another chart for you to play with :winky:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/saint_tropez

See how the temperature is still blazing in the late afternoon, exactly as I said :thumb:

A little cooler now, but had enough, time to chill out ::bigsmile:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Are you real? I'm here and know where I am and what the temperature is, maybe ask the BBC where their probe is because it is not near me, with the sand warming up and no wind it is roasting, even a measly 33 degrees outside would kill you in a car or closed awning, never mind a motorhome! And that is air temperature, don't forget about the blazing sun on objects like me, and cloudless skies!

Here is another chart for you to play with :winky:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/saint_tropez

See how the temperature is still blazing in the late afternoon, exactly as I said :thumb:

A little cooler now, but had enough, time to chill out ::bigsmile:

Told you!

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi Swift You haven't said were you actually are in france.? Terry

Pardon monsieur, je sues en France, St Tropez :thumb:

And sorry to disappoint the rest of you but I have checked the uk forecast and decided TO STAY HERE ::bigsmile: Certainly not boating weather to get back for in the uk, so will write off my Channel Islands trip, looking into chartering a boat out here and will head up to Antibes for the weekend then on to Monaco, should be cooler on the water :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Even hotter today :Eeek: had to dive in the sea every hour to survive, was worried about the shark but sod that, needs must :Eeek:

If it were me I wouldn't worry about the sharks... :ROFLMAO:

"The Mediterranean Sea is completely enclosed, apart from the 14km-wide Strait of Gibraltar and the 200m-wide Suez Canal, so water cycles very slowly and pollutants tend to accumulate. One third of the world’s shipping passes through the Mediterranean and between them, ships discharge between 100,000 and 150,000 tonnes of crude oil each year. Coastal discharges from industry and cities also result in high concentrations of mercury, cadmium, zinc, lead and untreated sewage. In 2007, a litre of Mediterranean seawater contained 10g of petrochemicals. Recently the Mediterranean has been cleaned up slightly and it is now ‘only’ the third most polluted, behind the Gulf of Mexico and the Baltic Sea." (BBC Focus Magazine)

JJ :Cool:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Pardon monsieur, je sues en France, St Tropez :thumb:

And sorry to disappoint the rest of you but I have checked the uk forecast and decided TO STAY HERE ::bigsmile: Certainly not boating weather to get back for in the uk, so will write off my Channel Islands trip, looking into chartering a boat out here and will head up to Antibes for the weekend then on to Monaco, should be cooler on the water :thumb:

Spose your gonna charter this one for the weekend

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back