Swift is burning!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Swift, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Swift

Swift

WOWeeeeeeee, 42degrees plus for the last two days and more to come, I am BURNING like hell!!! Got the air con on full blast but can only get me down to 29degrees in the day, just TOO hot here right on the beach! We are sheltered from any wind, but had enough now, maybe another week then head home for some cooling down, you can have enough of this hot hot hot sun sand and sea. Went to St Maxime today on the cycles, gave the motorbike a rest, cooked like hell on route drank 2ltrs of pop and a ltr of lemon juice, I am not one for sunbathing but I have a pure White bum where my shorts have been and dark brown on the other bits, just can't get away from it,

I have been trying the French food, went to a restaurant and had a green salD for a starter, it was a lettuce (nearly a whole one) with chopped onions on and some olives and cucumber, with some oily stuff all over it, 10 bloody euros!!!!!!!! I then had my main course of chicken something or other with pepper sauce and lacy type spaghetti stuff, very nice but nearly collapsed when got the bill, mind you we did have 3ltrs of wine between the two of us :Eeek: having a BBQ on the beach tonight, enough of the posh nosh!

I have taken loads of pictures so will post some when get home, I think this year has been exceptionally hot, too much for me!

Due to the heat I think we will head back for the Bank Holiday weekend and go and chill on our boat, the Channel Islands should be cooler than here! Don't get me wrong I have had a great time, but I am burning to death here, not sure if it is the same at home, but I pray for rain every day, but it never comes :cry: all I have worn is shorts, it's too hot to wear clothes! (as can be seen by most of the ladies who go around pretty much naked, you really have to concentrate on keeping the bike straight and steady when looking at the beach candy while cycling on the cycle path all along the coast, otherwise it can be pretty dangerous :Eeek:

Got to go, BBQ is ready, stay safe :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Nice to know you are having a ball hows the bog rolls going:Wink::Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

White bum where my shorts have been and dark brown on the other bits, just can't get away from it,
    Must have run out of bog rolls

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Chicken !!!

I came back from La Belle France with no white bits at all !! :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

what the rusty key hole as well:Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Swift

Swift

Miss judged bog roles, had to buy more :cry: even after all my careful calculations :cry: more like sand paper :cry:

Haven't seen any nudies, but some of the women and even men have tiny swimming trunks on, I saw one woman with hair under her arm pits (as she lay with her arms up sunbathing) but it seemed she had none anywhere else as her trunks were so tiny :Eeek: goodness knows how that works, if I had tiny trunks I would not be a pretty sight :BigGrin:

The 42 ltr Waeco fridge freezer is working for it's money, it is the mobile 12v / mains chest type, I have it in the awning and it's a life saver :thumb:

Missing you all, maybe next year we could have a meet down here, although very hot and cases and cases of beer and wine required :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Swift

Swift

WooHoo!! Just been looking at my air con unit and found a higher fan speed, within 10 mins I am now down to 26 degrees, blinking FANTASTIC, amazing what specs can do :Rofl1:

Well I am chilling now man!! :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Can I ask you what air con are you using as we want to get one for when we go to france and have been told they are useless in france because of the low amps over there, we have the same size van as you.thanks, trish

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  9. JJ

JJ Funster

Watch out for Legionnaires Disease... :Wink:

JJ :Cool:

10. Swift

Swift

I think you will find they are in Marseille, so nowhere near where I am :thumb:

11. Welsh girl

Can I ask you what air con are you using as we want to get one for when we go to grande and have been told they are useless in france because of the low amps over three, we have the same size van as you.thanks, trish

12. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

Er .. in stereo ?

13. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

we are getting a bit picky aren't we:RollEyes:

14. Welsh girl

Duly edited.damn predictive text.

15. Swift

Swift

Well my temperature is now down to 23 degrees :BigGrin: the fan speed was the only thing holding it back :thumb:

I have the unit between the two front seats facing inwards, it is a perfect fit, I then have the exhaust pipe out of the slightly opened passenger window with the pipe facing downwards outside as I have the full silver screen cover and it makes a perfect fit :thumb:

I have seen an identical one on eBay, great buy for someone, can't remember what I paid for mine new, maybe 2 or £300. Here is the link :thumb:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-..._Cooling_Air&hash=item3a695a6bc0#ht_500wt_922

It's getting like a fridge now, I had better turn it down :Rofl1:

Much better than sacrificing a sky light and carrying extra weight all the time, we only use this for France in summer, brilliant bit of kit :Wink:

16. Swift

Swift

Oh, re amps, we are on 6amps had choice of 4, 6, or 10, had 10 last year and thought we would try 6 this year, had no problems and have 2 freezers a fridge and charger plugged in plus numerous lights and iPads, phones e.t.c. On charge, oh and satellite tv :thumb:

17. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

Actually, Trish-n-tez, to be serious for a sec, I've got a big Electrolux A/C unit fitted to my motorhome, I forget the model but it's beefier than the usual ones factory fitted by the likes of Elddis, Swift etc., and I've been all over Europe with it with never a problem ... except in the Italian lake district where I found their mains supply so miserly it would barely run the fridge AND the charger. I didn't stay ..... !

18. Swift

Swift

45 degrees today and getting hotter, is the climate going mad? Got to get out of here, burning up!!!! Weather looks bad up north so maybe wait for later in the week, roasting, roasting, roasting :Eeek:

19. Terry

Terry Funster

Glad you are burning :BigGrin: lovely here to-day-sat in shorts enjoying a few drinks and the just right sun :thumb::Wink:
    terry

20. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Damn and there was me thinking you were burning your return ticket, hee hee. Stop complaining and roast the other side.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1