Swift Habitation Door

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bailey, Feb 8, 2010.

1. bailey

bailey

I received a letter from Swift on the 15th jan 2010 asking me to book my m/home into the local dealers to have a simple mod done(Removal of gas strut and the fitment of a door/stop retainer) droped of m/home on sat 6th feb and due to pick it up sat 13th feb this suits me.Low&Behold i get a second letter to day telling me to book my m/home in to have a mod done to the habitation door this time they state that my door requires the replacement of the fitted pressurised gas strut and replaced with a non pressurised strut also a lower door retainer i contacted the dealer to see if they are aware of this revised mod they are in the dark and have not rec the letter from Swift i scaned in the letter and e/mailed them i also contact Swift but just got the run around i know that sometimes Swift monitor this Forum and wonder if he can shed some light on this

Thans

Bill:Angry:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Bill,

Swift have replied somewhere, I wouldnt worry about it, simple mod from what I understad, 30 minute job.

Peter

3. bailey

bailey

Peter thanks for that but each letter from Swift has a diffrent:Angry: mod what one are they doing

Bill

4. SwiftGroup

SwiftGroup Read Only Funster

Hi Bill,

I can confirm on your MH, you require the removal of the pressurised gas strut, and the fitment of a non-pressurised gas strut. A lower door stopper / retainer will also be fitted by your dealer.

I hope that helps, and sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Ash

5. hailman

hailman Read Only Funster

Would these doors be a generic item? I noticed yesterday that my friends Autocruise (2006) has the same door as my Burstner (2005), just a different height, and both have a gas srut fitted but no lower check strap.

Do you think they would need attention/modification in any way.