Swift Bolero heating problem (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
I had the van out for the first time this weekend without hook-up. Bit of a disaster really. It took me several phone calls and a number of very cold hours to get the dealer who sold me this new van about 3 weeks ago to advise me on how to get the heating working on gas. It did eventually work and I assumed the problem (on the advice of the dealer) was an air lock preventing the gas getting through. However, late this afternoon, when I went to switch the heating on, it again refused to work. Countless attempts yielded nothing. It would appear the problem is more serious. I had to cut my weekend short as the weather was so cold where I was that a night without heating was unthinkable. Has anyone else had similar problems? Why should this happen with a new van? Why are motorhomes so frustrating?

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi, some heating systems have covers on the outside which need to be removed before it will fire up.
Im sure someone from swift will come along when they pick up this thread.
Dave.
Ps.silly as it may sound,have you checked the gas bottle?

OP
OP
Squeezy
Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply. There's no cover to remove on the Bolero (I know the sort you mean) and there's plenty of gas.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Worth checking the pig tail from the Gas bottle to the regulator, mine was fitted buy my dealer with a plastic spanner!!!!!!!!, i remember watching him:Doh:
many times the gas supply would stop causing me to check the gas bottles, resetting everything bottle connectors removed and refitted etc.
until i found the pigtail loose causing the regulator to shut off the Gas supply:cry:
This is a safety device on certain new regulators

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back