mickyb

Free Member
Mar 7, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi to all,
I am in a quandary; I have a Swift Sundance 590RS, 2003 model, and need somewhere to carry our 2 bikes. At first I was going to get a small fiamma bike rack fitted below the rear window but have heard that due to the GRP panel if not fitted properly could cause the panel to crack, also the inside of the kitchen cupboards seem to have a wooden back to them so how do they get to the rack fittings without having to strip out half the van? Then I thought an easier option would be to get a tow bar fitted and use the bike rack that I already use on my car that clamps over the tow ball only problem is I cannot see any holes in the chassis, the only ones there are, are where the spare wheel carrier is bolted the next problem is I have reverse sensors fitted the rear bumper and wonder if the tow bar would interfere with them. I would also like to replace the rubber seal that fits across the top of the rear plastic bumper panel the full width of the van, mine has perrished, would this be available only from Swift through a dealer! Any advice greatly received.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi We have a swift bessacarr, not the same layout as yours but we have the water tank across the back so a rear mounted bike rack would have to be high up over the rear window so I had a tow bar fitted to tow a trailer and also fit a bick rack.:thumb: :thumb: Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Mick,

If you give Glenn Harris, our Service Manager a ring, he will be able to advise you., (or Ian in Parts) They are both experts in fitting Fiamma Bike Racks

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back