swift belair

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by clarify, Jun 1, 2010.

1. clarify

clarify Read Only Funster

hi all
    Been looking to upgrade the old van and have been looking at swift belair.
    Anybody know anything about them good or bad ?
    ray and claire

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I liked these when I looked at them, however some models have rather a low roof if you are tall ( over 6'2'').

I don't know if they suffer from the same leak problems as the Kon-Tiki, as the construction appears much the same.

3. neilmac

neilmac Read Only Funster

What would you like to know, I'll help where I can :thumb:

As far as leaks go, I believe early ones were more prone but thye later ones are fine :Smile: - only have experience of our own one though which is a 2002 730 model.

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I have no direct experience of Swift, or the BelAir in particular, but would offer the comment that no UK manufacturer has ever been able to make a commercial success of an A-class motorhome. I am not sure about the BelAir, but some apparently British A-classes were re-badged continental products - e.g. Mirage. I believe the BelAir was in production for only a short time and so, there may not have been time to iron out the wrinkles and any design issues. There is certainly not a large user base from which to draw experience.

If I were making the choice, I would stick with one of the tried and tested German or French manufacturers.

Philip