swift belair (1 Viewer)

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
hi all
Been looking to upgrade the old van and have been looking at swift belair.
Anybody know anything about them good or bad ?
ray and claire

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I liked these when I looked at them, however some models have rather a low roof if you are tall ( over 6'2'').

I don't know if they suffer from the same leak problems as the Kon-Tiki, as the construction appears much the same.

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
What would you like to know, I'll help where I can :thumb:

As far as leaks go, I believe early ones were more prone but thye later ones are fine :Smile: - only have experience of our own one though which is a 2002 730 model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have no direct experience of Swift, or the BelAir in particular, but would offer the comment that no UK manufacturer has ever been able to make a commercial success of an A-class motorhome. I am not sure about the BelAir, but some apparently British A-classes were re-badged continental products - e.g. Mirage. I believe the BelAir was in production for only a short time and so, there may not have been time to iron out the wrinkles and any design issues. There is certainly not a large user base from which to draw experience.

If I were making the choice, I would stick with one of the tried and tested German or French manufacturers.

Philip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back