Swift 630G accomodation 12v power (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all,

Does any one know which fuse to remove to leave the 12v power on to the accomodation on a Swift sundance/tor 630G

Doug...

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Hi, You have not stated what year your Motor home is.
On my 2004 Bessecarr it is the same wire (RED/YELLOW) that gives a 12v supply to the fridge and step auto retract when the engine is running
So to remove the fuse you would lose step and fridge 12volt option
What I did was snip the cable and put both ends in connectors just before the cable enters the EC200 electronic control unit
Another option is to put a switch in line at this point giving you both options

I did this knowing that it is not a good idea to mess around with the manufacturers design
I am only informing how I did this to my Vehicle.
I am not Recommending that others should do the mod

Alan H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ahhh!!!!! the mud becomes clear....
you want the hab 12v on when the engine is running.:thumb:

my kontiki has a N/C relay under the charger which activates and opens as soon as the engine starts (possibly powered from the fridge 12v circuit/relay) so cutting power to the hab area.

simple job on mine to remove the feed wire to the relay.

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp

Whats the matter, don't you understand the question, if so then that's good as the question was designed to be understood by those that would know the answer and is so doing try to stop the useless type of comments from those that don't know the answer, but unfortunately it did not work.

Doug...

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi, You have not stated what year your Motor home is.
On my 2004 Bessecarr it is the same wire (RED/YELLOW) that gives a 12v supply to the fridge and step auto retract when the engine is running
So to remove the fuse you would lose step and fridge 12volt option
What I did was snip the cable and put both ends in connectors just before the cable enters the EC200 electronic control unit
Another option is to put a switch in line at this point giving you both options

I did this knowing that it is not a good idea to mess around with the manufacturers design
I am only informing how I did this to my Vehicle.
I am not Recommending that others should do the mod

Alan H

The year is 2002. and I am not sure if it is the same as yours, but thanks anyway. The reason I said fuse is that I think I can remember a thread that was on the same subject but can't find it now.

The fuse I am looking for is the one that powers the change over relay from power-on to power-off.

Doug...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Whats the matter, don't you understand the question, if so then that's good as the question was designed to be understood by those that would know the answer and is so doing try to stop the useless type of comments from those that don't know the answer, but unfortunately it did not work.

Doug...

wrong side of the bed this morning doug ?....

the question wasnt very clear...under normal circumstances you wouldnt need to remove any fuse to have the 12v left on.
perhaps if you said you wanted it on when travelling it may have been better understood.

you must have missed my second post in your haste to to belittle me.

f*** you very much!!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all,

Does any one know which fuse to remove to leave the 12v power on to the accomodation on a Swift sundance/tor 630G

Doug...

I was just thinking of you.......

I've been repairing my Electoblock and under the driver's seat is a massive connector with Red/Black BIG and a small control cable. Didn't you ask about this last year ? Did you ever find what it was for ?

Can't help you on your problem, I've got a properly wired German van. Though you might identify the relay by ear if you get someone to switch the ignition on whilst you are under the bonnet.

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp

I've been repairing my Electoblock and under the driver's seat is a massive connector with Red/Black BIG and a small control cable. Didn't you ask about this last year ? Did you ever find what it was for ?

Can't help you on your problem, I've got a properly wired German van. Though you might identify the relay by ear if you get someone to switch the ignition on whilst you are under the bonnet.

On my van the Electroblock is direct from the engine battery, there is a small signal cable with it also but have not traced that yet.

As to the relay, I know were it is already but cant find the controlling fuse for it.

Doug..

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

:Sad: A neigbour has a 5 year old Hymer that is on it's 4th Electroblock. Schultz? I think it is? Can they be repaired and HOW please? Many thanks. :thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs

Doug...

SECONDS OUT Round 2 Ding Ding:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:Sad: A neigbour has a 5 year old Hymer that is on it's 4th Electroblock. Schultz? I think it is? Can they be repaired and HOW please? Many thanks. :thumb:

My solution was to rip out the Shaudt charger half and fit an off the shelf 18A charger instead. The front half is just a fuse board with low voltage trip and seems OK. Just finished it's and charging merrily away.

I could have sent it back to Schaudt for a £150 repair, but I reasoned that £100 for a more modern and hopefully more robust charger was a better deal.

Mine died a week ago when the gales caused the mains to flicker on/off many times in the night. I had an in-line surge suppressor on the input but that didn't save it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
An interesting result

During the checking and testing I have found that when the engine is running not all of the domestic power is turned off. The lights over the dinette remains on!!

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back