C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Went to the dealers at the weekend to view and snag the new Kontiki i had ordered , a 2008 model . Well what can i say :cry: There revisions made to the Kontiki had me in fits of rage .

1. No spare wheel --- yes i know this is a Fiat descision but Swift did install them on the 2007 models.

2. Digital control microwave -- replaced with a cheaper turn dail version

3. Entertainment system-- on a 2007 model the Kontiki was equipped with a 7" drop down tv that served the reversing camera aswell, stereo incorporated a dvd player all pre-wired to the cab area with freeview and also wired in the bedroom area and AV sockets installed to rear........ 2008 model 1 FLAT SCREEN TV with built in dvd and freeview :ROFLMAO: :Doh: two mounting brackets for tv one in bedroom and one stuck behind drivers door effectively rendering 2 seats unusable. So thats 2 brackets installed but only 1 swing arm tv mount supplied so i presume if you want to watch tv you carry the tv with you :Blush: Obviously on a 2007 the cab was pre-wired by Swift making it easy to install satalite tv using the existing wiring ( remove freeview) and wire in satalite , all that flexibility and ease of installation has been removed :Angry:

On the plus side Swift have made some good revisions like domestic quality mattress , full size fridge freezer ( approaching rv size :thumb: ) full en route heating system.

Swift have actually contacted me via email and telephone after i voiced my dissapointment and concerns over there revisions.

Between the dealer and Swift we have made changes to the Kontiki that suits are own personal requirements.

Well done Swift for taking the time for listening to your customers and acting on comments made.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C.L.S

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Unfortunatly the weekend of the " Grand opening meet" :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Russell,

There is a thread running on the Motorhome List and it seems the RAC/AA might not assist you if you do not have a legal spare wheel.

I'll find the thread and post it here.

Don

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Spare wheel

Hello Don

I have a spare wheel, but if I ordered a van that did not have a spare wheel, being a bit belt and braces, I would certainly acquire one.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C.L.S

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Russell i insisted on having a proper spare wheel and carrier fitted , don,t think a puncture repair kit and a 12volt compressor would be much use if you damaged the tyre :Sad:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi why no spare wheel?:Doh: on new model? not HSE AGAIN

ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun