Sweden and Norway this summer (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
After driving north through the stunning central wilderness of Finland & Norway I did the route 17 trip from north to south last year, (coming down from Nordkapp) what that is is a mini cruise/drive through stunnning scenery and the fjords and lots of ferry trips (I did 8 from memory) motorhomes fully catered for :thumb: in fact you will meet French/German MH' ers but rarely a brit tho and even some Norwegians ......but be prepared for them to turn up at 3am (getting towards 24 daylight) in the morning at your layby (yes really) and have a barbie :Eeek: I wild camped next to fjords in parks in a zoo & lots of other interesting places without any issues. (apart from the regular 3am barbies)

Be aware the older mountain tunnels in Norway are often dark deep and wet and have no lines on the road, some of the roads are quite narrow and some of the Norwegians are not exactly stunning drivers....so care needed here.

If you can get up to Nordkapp go for it, worth the money to stay there IMHO or you can wildcamp just down the road, but not get in from memory. :thumb:

Yup, you were spot on! :)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Alf, I just realized that due to a change in direction we never managed to get to you..............next time eh?
NO Probs, Pleased to see you enjoyed scandinavia,Rural camping you can't beat it A,see you next time on your travels uphere, as said the teapots always brewing here(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back