Swanage, Wareham, Seaton, Lyme Regis or Charmouth (1 Viewer)

RAging8ull

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit D.I.Y
Exp
1 year
Anyone got any nice little spots to Wild camp anywhere around the above areas people?
Would pay at a site but struggling for 2 reasons...
1. I have a Transit converted, hence a lot of sites don't want us there
2. It's bank holiday weekend
We are hoping to leave today for a couple of nights, quite happy to do 1 night in one place and move to somewhere else for the second night, all help will be very much appreciated.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Anyone got any nice little spots to Wild camp anywhere around the above areas people?
Would pay at a site but struggling for 2 reasons...
1. I have a Transit converted, hence a lot of sites don't want us there
2. It's bank holiday weekend
We are hoping to leave today for a couple of nights, quite happy to do 1 night in one place and move to somewhere else for the second night, all help will be very much appreciated.
I understand your dilemma, not been down there for a while but Ferry road at Studland was a prime position you can either get there by the sandbanks ferry or come in from Corf Castle. The National Trust own all the land on either side of the Ferry Road but have no jurisdiction over the parking either side of the road. Perhaps someone can bring us up to date on the Ferry road situation.:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is this the place?

Link Removed
It is indeed, if what they say is correct then that is another spectacular spot gone. Studland bay used to be my favourite spot on the south coast. Still great for day visitors especially NT members, you can spend days parked up right on the beach but best get there early.

OP
OP
R

RAging8ull

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit D.I.Y
Exp
1 year
Is your conversion that bad ?

Have you been turned away from sites ?

Wouldn't know just get turned away after initial phone call when trying to book, apparently lots of sites have had problems with travellers coming in and towing away caravans in transit vans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Hi try this on google earth.

50.698007,-2.727227

we use it quite often more in the area that you want to go to
not far from west bay great views, cracking restaurant at the
Hive beach just a short walk along the cliff.

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
That area of the south coast is very popular i live in the south and spend time each year in those areas. it has become harder to find wild areas. there is a tempory site right on the coast at west bay (bridport) who would take you. i was there last week. You cant book just turn up and park there has always been room. the guy will come round and find you. It would cost you about 15 pn for 2 £10 for one, there are showers and toilets.
there are many different types of vans and you wont feel out of place.At one end of the field is the annual fairground so you are effectively parking with the showmen. Ive never had any problems and have been going for about 8yrs. last week i was on my own and it was fine.
Liz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Try Burnbake Campsite, its a right little "Hippy" site between Corfe and Studland. I can't imagine they would mind what your Van looks like. Just Google Burnbake Campsite for all the info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back