LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Has anybody got any information on the current parking situation for motorhomes on the sea front. I know in the past you could park for free until May 31st. There was a motion being put to the council last year to impose restricting parking to cars only.
If they have now banned parking then sadly they have lost another visitor to the area in the low season.

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Swanage and district.

I'm interested in this, as I'll be there myself soon on my way to Weymouth Folk Festival. When we had our demountable there used to be a piece of land near the pier which didn't belong to anyway we were tipped off didn't belong to anyone, so we stayed there, which was fine until the maroons to launch the lifeboat went up half an hour after we went to bed.:RollEyes:

We've used a camp site called Burnbake on the road from Studland to Corfe for years and I'm fairly sure they take motorhomes, but not caravans. Studland is now out of bounds, but the viewpoint on the way to Corfe always seems to be full of motorhomes, so I'm assuming it's OK to park there.
Cheers, John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back