Supply and fit Battery master in Hampshire/Surrey (1 Viewer)

Dave de

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all.

I have been let down by 2 people to supply and fit a battery master and will soon become an issue as winter rolls in, keeping the starter battery charged that is.

We are seeking a supplier fitter in Hants/Surrey/Berkshire area. Can anyone reccomend reliable trades person please?

Thanks

Dave & Julie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As they are REALLY easy to fit perhaps a member who is handy with tools and is close by could help out ?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi dave Julie. . If you are capable of any diy work you would be able to do that job..
The hardest part would be gaining access to the start battery and leisure battery and routing the wire between the two.
One wire to the +on start,one wire to +on leisure and the third wire to a negative which is common to both batteries.
The instructions will tell you what colour wire goes to the above mentioned connections ..
If you still don't feel you can I'm sure a nearby fun's ter will be along to help... I hope so...
Ta Andy. .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave de

Dave de

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for your input.
When I searched the forum database i found people stating look for the split charger relay etc....
If it is as easy as running a cable from to both batteries + terminals and a ground that should be easy enough.
Should the battery master be fitted in the bonnet area, nearest to the starter battery or next to the leisure battery under bench side seat?

Once again, thanks for your guidance.Dave & Julie

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
do you have the device .. ?? if you have the instructions are fairly simple.. ive not fitted a battery master but a similar device, which came with some terminals and a connector block for the wiring.. fit the box in the easiest location, the ones ive put in have always been sited next to the leisure battery with a wire routed from there to the start battery..
I was trying to find link to the two devices that are commonly fitted but the Ireland game has started lol...
maybe @Techno100 has them... he helped me out some time ago
ta andy
ps ill get back after game if there is anything else

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BUY HERE http://shop.motorhomefun.co.uk/product/battery-master/
vanbitz-L.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi dave Julie. . If you are capable of any diy work you would be able to do that job..
The hardest part would be gaining access to the start battery and leisure battery and routing the wire between the two.
One wire to the +on start,one wire to +on leisure and the third wire to a negative which is common to both batteries.
The instructions will tell you what colour wire goes to the above mentioned connections ..
If you still don't feel you can I'm sure a nearby fun's ter will be along to help... I hope so...
Ta Andy. .

It doesn't have to be connected directly to the battery terminals. Any terminals that are fed directly from the batteries are fine.

The instructions suggest connecting it to the split charge relay which keeps it really simple and everything in the same place.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Should the battery master be fitted in the bonnet area, nearest to the starter battery or next to the leisure battery under bench side seat?

Mine is fitted in the garage next to the elektrablock about as far away from the two batteries as it possibly could be. I haven't investigated what it's connected to but I assume the split charge relay.

It was fitted by Vanbitz and it's their product if anyone knows how to install it they do.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The only reason the split charge relay is used as an example is that all the necessary connection occur there without running any extra wires. This can equally occur at your control panel or as above Electrobloc/Sargent/CBE etc

OP
OP
Dave de

Dave de

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to you all for the information diagagram

Enjoy the Ireland game. Is Jim's and Van Bitz battery master the same?

I'll order later....also after the game.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Half time and Ireland are struggling a bit!!!
See you are sorted with some further advice...
Hope it goes ok..
Know what you are saying @NickNic about the connection options... The ones I've fitted were not on vans I was familiar with and the least risky option was direct to battery.
Hope the 2nd half is better for Ireland. ..:)
Ta andy

OP
OP
Dave de

Dave de

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
All sorted then, order on it's way to Jim Thanks guys and come on Ireland.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back