Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I neglected to mention...

I was driving to Norfolk when my car came to a halt.
I am a member of ADAC recovery because of the van. Called ADAC at 15.35hrs. Spoke to someone with excellent English who took all the details. Text a few minutes later from AA european Operations saying that someone would be with me by 17.10hrs. Further text from AA UK a few moments later telling me the name of the company who would be 'rescuing' me and stating that they would be with me by 16.30hrs. The recovery truck actually arrived at about 16.20hrs. The problem was diagnosed, the car fixed (temporarily) and the mechanic followed me on my journey to ensure all was okay.

Sadly the car broke down (terminally) on the return from Norfolk three days later. Another call to ADAC. Another text. AA patrol arrived about forty minutes later...attempted to speak to me in German and was rather confused by my puzzled expression! Following my explanation of why he had been called to an English resident, in England via Germany... He couldn't repair the car and then arranged for it to be recovered. Under two hours from my call to the car being on the back of the recovery truck.

I was impressed by the efficiency and straightforwardness of it all.

It is, of course, something we all hope never to need but its great to know that, if we do, it works.

Thank you ADAC

Lorraine x

What happened once I was home with the car and attempted to get it fixed is the subject of another thread...and a nightmare best forgotten.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Good to see ADAC does work even in the UK, Thanks for telling us all how the service went for you, may help others considering joining ADAC, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Adac

We have been members 3 years, couple of months ago we were heading home to winchester late one night, had fuel problem at Tewksbury, phoned Germany, a a phoned us within 30mins. Arrived within 1 hr of first call, on way within 1. 5 hrs of first call, , what a service, don't worry about joining, do it and keep them going :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back