Supagard treatment (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2016
south wales
Funster No
MH
intergrated
Exp
since2008
I have a new motorhome coming with a "supagard" treatment applied in and out, is this just a protective sealant and how should i maintain it, wash & wax enough? Any advice gratefuly received.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
It is supposedly a bonding sealant, meaning that you just wash the van with a light shampoo and it is supposed to dry smear free. You will get a fancy pack of stuff with it.

Does it work? Basically it is another of these franchise operations, with huge markups. To be honest I wouldn't have bothered but it came with the van as a bit of a (supposed) bonus, so I shouldn't be ungrateful, But not really. I find the most valuable tools are a decent squeejy blade, a chamois leather and a bit of elbow grease

Plenty of good cleaning tops here if you search. Congrats on the new van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our last van was done with Supaguard (won. not paid for) and if I had paid would have wanted my money back - not impressed at all.
We have however had the last 2 cars done with Diamond Bright and that is good and lasts

OP
OP
W
Jul 1, 2016
south wales
Funster No
MH
intergrated
Exp
since2008
thanks for the replies, perhaps i'll give it a good coat of wax when i get it home, if it stops raining.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Don't spoil it too much, it will come to expect it.

Get yourself a decent step ladder and a long handled brush, those will become your closesr friends

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Kings new clothes and I am not convinced that it's suitable for motorhomes. I have seen several vans that after having a sealer applied it starts cracking just as the warranty runs out. Most materials used in motorhome construction are designed to flex, sealants aren't.

Grahmes

Free Member
Oct 2, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E795
Exp
We had the treatment applied to ours too when we bought it - not convinced it was done properly or even worked as well as it should.

Reactions: f6c

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
No need to worry about maintaining is as it does nothing so nothing to maintain. I find it hard to believe dealers are still flogging this version of the kings new clothes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back