Suntor or Sundance?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by oatmealgroup, Nov 21, 2012.

1. oatmealgroup

oatmealgroup Read Only Funster

Might seem like a daft question, but why are some Swift 590RS called suntors and the others sundance? are they the same? - looking at 2012 models

2. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

A Suntor badge means its a Brownhills dealer special. A sundance is the standard Swift trim.

3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

When we bought a Swift Suntor 590RS in 2001 we got it from Brownhills - as it was a 'dealer special' hence it's name Suntor (only Brownhills could use this), it was basically the same as a standard Sundance but with a few tweaks/changes such as different graphics, furnishing materials etc and a bit of extra kit thrown in (can't remember what it was though!).

I assume this is still the case - is it Brownhills where you've seen the Suntor version?

4. oatmealgroup

Thanks for the replies, I note that the 2012 model had 100HP off a 2.2L engine as opposed to the newer 130hp off 2.3L, does anyone know whether the 100hp is man enough?

5. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We had an 2006 Peugeot Boxer-based Elddis overcab, 3400kg MTLM.

The 100 BHP was fine for all but Alpine ascents.:thumb:

6. oatmealgroup

Hi is the suntor comparable in price to the sundance? so far I've noticed a difference in engines

7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Its all about gearing.. and if the engine is a 100bh output unit the gearing will have been set to match it..

Our first Ducato was a 100bh one with a Hobby body.. It managed to drag 6 adults and a bike trailer with three bikes on it all over Switzerland ( the very last time we were EVER to visit that bloody place .. talk about greedy !! ) without issue..

Wellllllllllllll... I admit it was not exactly a breeze up some of the bigger passes .. first gear on some in fact, but then, the van was 20+ years old, was a BIG bugger, was loaded to the gunwales and was a Hobby so everything was solid real wood and over engineered !

All in all, a 100BH should be fine :thumb: