Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Might seem like a daft question, but why are some Swift 590RS called suntors and the others sundance? are they the same? - looking at 2012 models

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A Suntor badge means its a Brownhills dealer special. A sundance is the standard Swift trim.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we bought a Swift Suntor 590RS in 2001 we got it from Brownhills - as it was a 'dealer special' hence it's name Suntor (only Brownhills could use this), it was basically the same as a standard Sundance but with a few tweaks/changes such as different graphics, furnishing materials etc and a bit of extra kit thrown in (can't remember what it was though!).

I assume this is still the case - is it Brownhills where you've seen the Suntor version?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

oatmealgroup

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for the replies, I note that the 2012 model had 100HP off a 2.2L engine as opposed to the newer 130hp off 2.3L, does anyone know whether the 100hp is man enough?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We had an 2006 Peugeot Boxer-based Elddis overcab, 3400kg MTLM.

The 100 BHP was fine for all but Alpine ascents.:thumb:

OP
OP
O

oatmealgroup

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Hi is the suntor comparable in price to the sundance? so far I've noticed a difference in engines

When we bought a Swift Suntor 590RS in 2001 we got it from Brownhills - as it was a 'dealer special' hence it's name Suntor (only Brownhills could use this), it was basically the same as a standard Sundance but with a few tweaks/changes such as different graphics, furnishing materials etc and a bit of extra kit thrown in (can't remember what it was though!).

I assume this is still the case - is it Brownhills where you've seen the Suntor version?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Its all about gearing.. and if the engine is a 100bh output unit the gearing will have been set to match it..

Our first Ducato was a 100bh one with a Hobby body.. It managed to drag 6 adults and a bike trailer with three bikes on it all over Switzerland ( the very last time we were EVER to visit that bloody place .. talk about greedy !! ) without issue..

Wellllllllllllll... I admit it was not exactly a breeze up some of the bigger passes .. first gear on some in fact, but then, the van was 20+ years old, was a BIG bugger, was loaded to the gunwales and was a Hobby so everything was solid real wood and over engineered !

All in all, a 100BH should be fine :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back