rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Can anyone help me. I am having trouble sourcing a rear wheel crank handle to lower the spare wheel. Has anyone got any idea where I can get one. Eldis do not keep them according to the agents.

Pigwam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Chester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Can anyone help me. I am having trouble sourcing a rear wheel crank handle to lower the spare wheel. Has anyone got any idea where I can get one. Eldis do not keep them according to the agents.

I've got a Suntor 120, if its the same I didn't even know there's such a thing I'd be interested as well.

its a bit dark to go and look now, but just a thought its not the same as the wheel brace or the bit that winds the jack up?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
any commercial vehicle dismantler will have them in stock, as its standard to the base vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rikfos

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Usually on the base vehicle the spare wheel carrier is wound down from the top at the back of the van. But thankyou for your reply and I will give the dismantlers a go.
I had a puncture in Switzerland and ADAC rescued me. they used a ratchet to release the spare.I now carry the spare on the bike rack, much easier to get at.

OP
OP
rikfos

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I've got a Suntor 120, if its the same I didn't even know there's such a thing I'd be interested as well.

its a bit dark to go and look now, but just a thought its not the same as the wheel brace or the bit that winds the jack up?
No its not the same

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the same bracket and winch system is used on the pickup truck and box body van. The handle is kept with the jack under the passenger seat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rikfos

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp