Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone used them?

They appear to have some stuff at reasonable prices, found a link from another 'camping and caravaning' webpage.
Link Removed
G4 LED at £1.91
12v and only 1.1w consumption. Using 6 SMD chips and outputting 80 lumens. Perfect replacement for a standard 10w halogen capsule bulb. Natural white is a clean crisp white similar to daylight. Not at all blue or yellow.

Link Removed

Thoughts?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a feeling they are connected to Banggood.com..
An excellent and VERY cheap supplier of an amazing array of goodies !

I have been buying from them for a couple of years now and cannot fault their service of stuff :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm a big fan of LEDs and was an early adopter, paying £12 each for when the first SMD's came on the market. and an extra fiver per bulb for an adapter so they would fit the RV (25 x £17):Eeek:

These LED sellers claim 50,000 hours but I've had loads of them fail long before then. I wonder if its because they don't like the extra voltage you get in a motorhome. My batteries often sit at 13.6/13.8v and I'm sure this is what kills the LED's Someone told me that you can buy bulbs that will cope with 14volts and I must look out for some.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno Jim.. looking at the specs of most of the LEDs used they seem to be rated for use between 11 and 15v, so SHOULD be fine really.

Mind you.. I have recently repaired a few of them for peeps.. The LED patches were fine but the flow soldering was absolutely awful.. Surface mount technology is great when done well.. cheap little LED units seem to fall under the banner of 'anything will do' as far as soldering goes :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back