Rally Chat Sunshine Festival 2017 Upton 24-28 August Meet (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Listen to your heart - you know you don't want to miss this festival meet?! :giggle:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
List so far of Funsters/RVOC members attending Sunshine Meet:

1. Wombles - Alan & Karen
2. Hilldweller - Brian & Dinah
3. Jockaneezer - Graeme & Val
4. Retiring Joyce (already booked not via offer)
5. Jo-ca - John
6. DLT - Julia & Dave
7. Movan - Joy
8. EX51SSS - Tony & Janet
9. Mophead - Angela
10. Slawitbob - Bob
11. Scottie - John
12. Smudger (Fun/RVOC)
13. Trekkin - Adrian & Michelle (Fun/RVOC)
14. Westies On Tour - Jason & Michelle (RVOC)
15. Clive
16. DGRBRUV - Ian & Meg (RVOC)
17. Little Camper
18. Trickymicky - Mick & Shelly (RVOC)
19. Smokeyjoe - Chris & Paul (RVOC)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm Somerset born & bred & have to confess that I don't remember ever seeing the Wurzels live so this will be a first for me too! This is what made them famous

& still going strong today:

Think Sunshine is going to be great fun! :inlove:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Maybe if you offer free drinks you'll make that illusive 20.
I think if free drinks were on offer they'd crack 200. Well through blurry vision anyway
download_1.jpg

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Wombles - I sent off my form & cheque at the end of Feb, but haven't had anything back yet. Does it take a while to get the tickets?
Ang

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Think there was mention on their website that the tickets would be posted out a few weeks before the event ?

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you both...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you @EX51SSS & @jockaneezer - you are right (y) Just to confirm @mophead - this is on the bottom of the booking form :
"You will receive your tickets from around 4 weeks prior to the event. Your tickets are secured as soon as your cheque is processed by us and received by our bank, you will not receive confirmation of this from us. If you have any questions please email us direct on uptonfestival@gmail.com"

I have put a note in my diary to check that tickets are coming through that week too :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great news Sunshine has a second stage with these two new acts from America just added :dance2:

Even better value for our Funster discount price (y) & should be an even better festival:Grin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
They are authentic sounding tribute acts - American Four Tops & William Hicks (Barry White) - got to love a bit of Motown! :)
Sure it will sell out again this year with these added so if you want to join us please message or post here for the booking form.

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
OMG. I saw the Four Tops when I was an egg. Levi Stubbs was one of the best soul singers ever.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OMG. I saw the Four Tops when I was an egg. Levi Stubbs was one of the best soul singers ever.
The ones at Sunshine may be a tribute act but sound good & great songs with feel good factor :)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
The ones at Sunshine may be a tribute act but sound good & great songs with feel good factor :)
I have to be fair and I listened and whilst not as good as the original Four Tops, they are better than the Four Tops that toured with the Temptations. I was never a Temptations fan but they far out sang the Four Tops. Tbh, I nearly walked out of the concert because I was a massive Four Tops fan

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Paul Young, Blue, Sophie Ellis-Bexter, Atomic Kitten, Kim Wilde, Heatwave, Jaki Graham, Sonia, Union Gap & the Wurzels (all originals) plus now a Motown Tribute Show added on the second stage there should be something for everyone?! There is also the market town of Upton On Severn just a short walk away to explore & the company of fellow Funsters & other festival goers plus our own allocated area with early arrival on Thursday (2pm onwards) all for the discounted price of £64 each (normally £80) so should be a good meet :hi5:
To book please PM (private message) me with your email so I can email the booking form to you which you then post to Sunshine organisers with your cheque - as this is a special offer it can't be booked via their website. There will be toilets & showers provided & dogs are allowed :)
To PM left click on our Womble photo to the left then on "Start A Conversation" in our profile. Any problems just post on the thread & I can PM you.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Paul Young, Blue, Sophie Ellis-Bexter, Atomic Kitten, Kim Wilde, Heatwave, Jaki Graham, Sonia, Union Gap & the Wurzels (all originals) plus now a Motown Tribute Show added on the second stage there should be something for everyone?! There is also the market town of Upton On Severn just a short walk away to explore & the company of fellow Funsters & other festival goers plus our own allocated area with early arrival on Thursday (2pm onwards) all for the discounted price of £64 each (normally £80) so should be a good meet :hi5:
To book please PM (private message) me with your email so I can email the booking form to you which you then post to Sunshine organisers with your cheque - as this is a special offer it can't be booked via their website. There will be toilets & showers provided & dogs are allowed :)
To PM left click on our Womble photo to the left then on "Start A Conversation" in our profile. Any problems just post on the thread & I can PM you.
Just checked my Bank Account this morning and the cheque has gone through alright so just waiting till early August for the tickets. More than likely, we'll arrive on Friday (subject to change). Have you an idea (if you have you can tell me. It'll just between us of course) of what time they allow entry from on Friday please?
Tony, Janet and Pepper

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just checked my Bank Account this morning and the cheque has gone through alright so just waiting till early August for the tickets. More than likely, we'll arrive on Friday (subject to change). Have you an idea (if you have you can tell me. It'll just between us of course) of what time they allow entry from on Friday please?
Tony, Janet and Pepper
Entry is from 9am on the Friday but our deal includes arrival from 2pm on the Thursday (gates open up until 10pm) if you can come earlier :)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Entry is from 9am on the Friday but our deal includes arrival from 2pm on the Thursday (gates open up until 10pm) if you can come earlier :)
Brilliant. I'm not sure yet but probably Friday morning but if I can swing it, then I'd love Thursday afternoon. Thank you

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Is the festival site on or near a bus route per chance?
There are bus stops a short walk away in Upton but none next to the festival campsite.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
List so far of Funsters/RVOC members attending Sunshine Meet:

1. Wombles - Alan & Karen
2. Hilldweller - Brian & Dinah
3. Jockaneezer - Graeme & Val
4. Retiring Joyce (already booked not via offer)
5. Jo-ca - John
6. DLT - Julia & Dave
7. Movan - Joy
8. EX51SSS - Tony & Janet
9. Mophead - Angela
10. Slawitbob - Bob
11. Scottie - John
12. Smudger (Fun/RVOC)
13. Trekkin - Adrian & Michelle (Fun/RVOC)
14. Westies On Tour - Jason & Michelle (RVOC)
15. Clive
16. DGRBRUV - Ian & Meg (RVOC)
17. Little Camper
18. Trickymicky - Mick & Shelly (RVOC)
19. Smokeyjoe - Chris & Paul (RVOC)
20. Keredetat - Derek & Sarah

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
One of the many acts at Sunshine :) - Union Gap (UK) with Young Girl

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sunshine Festival Motorhome Fun Meet ticket price:
Adults £64 each (normally £80) which includes entry ticket & camping from Thursday 24 August 2pm at no extra cost (normally £10 extra) until Monday 28 August 2pm. We will have our own allocated area so can be camped together (y) To book please PM (private message) me with your email so I can email the booking form to you which you then post to Sunshine organisers with your cheque - as this is a special offer it can't be booked via their website. There will be toilets & showers provided & dogs are allowed :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back