Sun's out, what are you doing this weekend (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
A few beers tonight....then if I am good, [HI]the wife says I can get the tractor out tomorrow [/HI]and start harrowing the fields....then I have got the brakes to fix on the JCB....a few more beers......grass to mow at home....and if theres any time left do some more work on my Triumph 650. I will be glad to get back to work on
Monday..:winky:

Did she say do "something sexy to attract her" ? not "do something sexy to a tractor " ?

sue_at_hurwitzend

Free Member
Jan 25, 2014
Weymouth,Dorset
Funster No
MH
Tugger, at the moment
Exp
new to motorhoming
..... I'm going to try and wash the van at the compound ... no water supply to it so carrying buckets back and forth .. up and down a dangerous ladder to attempt to wash the roof .. I should be so lucky..

At least it will look pretty even if it doesn't know it is supposed to travel down roads .. it has been off road more than on ... stupid batteries...:Sad:

Well I hope it behaves for you movan, they can be a pain in the rear.
We bought some good stuff at Newbury which i finally used the other day on one panel and it is really good (saved the bucket lugging and also saved waterlogging the already wet garden).
Yesterday I did another panel and it really cleaned away the winter yuck so I went round spraying and rubbing all the bits I can reach. enery 8 did the top back which is way above my reach. Now not quite pristine but fit for the road at last. Looking forward to meeting up with you again this year.
Sue

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
..... I'm going to try and wash the van at the compound ... no water supply to it so carrying buckets back and forth .. up and down a dangerous ladder to attempt to wash the roof .. I should be so lucky..

At least it will look pretty even if it doesn't know it is supposed to travel down roads .. it has been off road more than on ... stupid batteries...:Sad:
Well I hope it behaves for you movan, they can be a pain in the rear.
We bought some good stuff at Newbury which i finally used the other day on one panel and it is really good (saved the bucket lugging and also saved waterlogging the already wet garden).
Yesterday I did another panel and it really cleaned away the winter yuck so I went round spraying and rubbing all the bits I can reach. enery 8 did the top back which is way above my reach. Now not quite pristine but fit for the road at last. Looking forward to meeting up with you again this year.
Sue
We've used Onedrywash on both van and car for a few years now. No water, quicker and does a better job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
were having a cadet training weekend out in the field shooting and playing war games
and having fun::bigsmile:
with the occasional bang halt who go's there:ROFLMAO: should be fun

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Running an indoor market stall all day Saturday, then on Sunday maybe visit my first Car Boot Sale of the year in search of cheap stock.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
What sun? It's gone very cold here in York and blowing like crazy. Thank goodness they managed to finish felting the new roof before they knocked of early for the weekend....

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Tomorrow we are attending a country wedding then Sunday, making the most of a swim before breakfast in the hotel then a slow poodle home..:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tomorrow getting van checked over to make sure everything is working as it should do as we haven't used it 'in anger' for a while! Got a few jobs to finish off like fitting the new rear view camera, then check what's in it and pack whatever needs stocking up ready for Newark. Sunday will be the usual visit to a car boot sale and a leisurely afternoon ... hopefully!

Hoping to go away Tuesday/Wednesday for a couple or so days, possibly along the Lincolnshire coast, for a rest before the Newark onslaught ... :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Fitting a 7" tilt camera system tomorrow morning then its back to sorting the trailer out ready for the new season of shows and motorsport (dual purpose trailer). Sunday (hopefully I can have morning off and avoid F1 results), afternoon watch F1 and possibly a few beers too many.

D.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Wharfedale CC Grassington. Yes its turned cold :cry:
Parked up and a million to one shot the satellite dish/dome was pointing spot on without searching :Eeek: and it's 107 million tonight :thumb:

CC site wifi is again working ok

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Picked up the van this morning. The minor water ingress had a simple cause and has been sorted so all should be OK now :thumb: Told not to clean the van for a few days to give the sealant plenty of time to go off fully but we did manage to get everything back in so the house and garage are less cluttered.

As Jill backed the van onto the drive I noticed that the reversing light wasn't working (it was last time out). It turned out to be a bit of corrosion on the bulb end connection so an easy fix and now working fine.

Now got to make some plans to get away somewhere soon :thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mumble's seafront with an Ice Cream::bigsmile:

Not been here before and only live 12 miles away:Cool:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
We are spending the weekend at the caravan and camping club site at staveley,and very nice it is!
Theres a beer festival on in the village, we got well oiled last night:Smile:

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Sitting in the van at the moment at Caerhays Castle beach car park.

About 5 metres from the sea with the sun starting to set, might get a few pictures if it sets nicely.

(and still getting Wi-Fi amazingly :Smile: )

marjv999

Free Member
Jan 27, 2012
Somerset Nr Weston-Super-
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Presently just outside of Sion in Switzerland having spent 3 nights at the best site in Interlaken - Camping Alpenblick, it was in a beautiful location with first class facilities and topped off with very warm and dry weather and looking up at snow on the mountains. Lucern site - Camping Lido also very nice and easy walk into Lucerne to mingle with the Very rich and browse the fabulous shops, nearly hired a Ferrari for 2 hours for 350 swiss francs but thought it would buy another 35 nights :ROFLMAO: so passed on it. Back into France tomorrow probably to Annecy. Switzerland was a first for us and well worth the week we have spent here, beautiful country, very clean, very spectacular scenery, lots of history - visited a church today and walked round a crypt dating back to 11th century, friendly, good cheese and wine, very dog friendly which is just as well with our mad cocker and skitzy collie ::bigsmile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
First day of opening for this season at cragg vale/Hebden Bridge CC this friday :thumb:

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
map.png

Pete

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Presently just outside of Sion in Switzerland having spent 3 nights at the best site in Interlaken - Camping Alpenblick, it was in a beautiful location with first class facilities and topped off with very warm and dry weather and looking up at snow on the mountains. Lucern site - Camping Lido also very nice and easy walk into Lucerne to mingle with the Very rich and browse the fabulous shops, nearly hired a Ferrari for 2 hours for 350 swiss francs but thought it would buy another 35 nights :ROFLMAO: so passed on it. Back into France tomorrow probably to Annecy. Switzerland was a first for us and well worth the week we have spent here, beautiful country, very clean, very spectacular scenery, lots of history - visited a church today and walked round a crypt dating back to 11th century, friendly, good cheese and wine, very dog friendly which is just as well with our mad cocker and skitzy collie ::bigsmile:
Lot of France shut need a form to go out

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
was wondering what the hell Jim was doing posting this..........then:sick: saw the date 6 years ago

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Thought about going to New England Bay but the website is showing it as full/closed. May give them a ring tomorrow or just park up in the car park outside.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Now you’ve lost me :unsure:
Hi Annie, I was agreeing with you that Tykatem hd revived this old post and that his tour around his house was what we are reduced to being confined indoors:cry: If we had a mansion we would have a lot rooms to explore and not feel so isolated.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Annie, I was agreeing with you that Tykatem hd revived this old post and that his tour around his house was what we are reduced to being confined indoors:cry: If we had a mansion we would have a lot rooms to explore and not feel so isolated.
Penny’s dropped! :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back