sunnyside

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sunnyside, Jan 28, 2013.

1. sunnyside

sunnyside Read Only Funster

:Smile: I spent a little time with a friend who has a motorhome, so have some idear:RollEyes: i'm looking to buy one in the future hopefully, could someone please tell me if it safe for lady on their own. I'm retired lady, who is fed up with been at home :BigGrin: love the outdoors..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phill D

Phill D

Hi and Welcome, i am sure you will get some good advice shortly. I guess it depends where and when you want to stay.:thumb:

3. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi and welcome

We have a few female solo Motorhomes on this site already maybe if you started a thread and called it something along the line as lone female you would be sure to catch their attention.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Well you got mine :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Good on yer mate! bloody go fer it!:thumb:

Oh ! and:welcomefunster::party2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

Go and enjoy yourself Gal. I am sure it is a darn sight more safe than sat alone in a house frightened to go out. Love life.

Craig

• Like Like x 2
  7. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

There are a few on here already.

There is a Motorhome Security Manual on here that will give you some good tips on how to survive.

Better to take a small risk than die of boredom.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

i would think that onsite camping is as safe as sitting at home wilding could be a littlemore risky but if you use your common sense you would be fine

• Like Like x 1
  10. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:party2::welcome::party2:

• Like Like x 1
  11. scammellmanswife

scammellmanswife Funster

Welcome This is a great site for a solo traveller. Great locations for rallies and no need to ever be lonely or bored. Do it now is my advice and if you want some company get a dog!!! Easy to please easy to feed and always a warm welcome when you return to your van even if you are drunk and stink of garlic:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 7
  12. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

I would say go for it. I got so fed up of my other half working all the hours and of seeing the van sitting on the drive going to waste, I took myself off for a few long weekends. I have to admit that was in our first van which was a transit conversion. I was very confident driving it, but I have not taken the latest van out yet, it's a left hand drive Hymer. I will do though, just need to get a few practice drives in.
    I stayed on club sites - Bakewell, Hayfield and Thetford. Always got a great welcome and pitched where there were other vans or as near to the wardens units as I could, never felt unsafe.
    I also downloaded a great mapping tool on my smart phone - View Ranger which helps me find my way when walking in the hills. Oh and of course another essential bit of camping equipment, a dog for company, amusement, great conversation starter, embarrassment, hairy floors, smelly rugs...

• Like Like x 2
  13. enery8

enery8 Funster

:flyingwelcome: I am a newbie and as yet don't have a motorhome but have been made welcome on the forum. Hope to get one soon.
    I have the badges to put in my windscreen when I go to a meet or rally to identify me as a Funster. A great way to meet like minded people and according to some of the posts you are sure of a welcome and inclusion in the group. Going to rallies or meets would be a great way to start, I am sure you would enjoy lots of company when you want it and have the reassurance of being with a group of motorhomers all pitched up together.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Hi there - there are several of us solo travelling ladies on Fun. My partner works at weekends so I often travel alone, and as others have said, as long as you are sensible, it's fine. If you've got your van in the near future you can join Funsters at one of the shows, which is a good introduction. Shrewsbury Show is 5-7 July. Yes, get a dog if you want one, but you don't really need one.

And welcome to the Fun!

Catherine

• Like Like x 1
  15. alfandM

alfandM Funster

A Warm welcome from us up here, you go and enjoy and meet great company and new friends on your travels, just what the doc ordered , one thing to remember, you only get out of life,what you put in,so go and enjoy,o and get a dog great companions and always a great way to meet folk:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  16. sunnyside

sunnyside Read Only Funster

Thank you so much , for great advice :Smile: and a lovely welcome. Jeannie

• Like Like x 2
  17. laneside

laneside Funster

We are not lone travellers but we have just gone all the way through France, staying mainly on aires, down through Spain with a mixture of sites and aires and we are now doing a mixture of both in Portugal.

Regardless of what you may read regarding thefts and gassings just ignore it. Not a single time have we felt threatened in the slightest.

We have met some lovely people of all nationalities and been to some beautiful places

Two things mentioned in previious posts are very apt:
    The first is any campsite is safer than sitting in your own house wondering what might have been and secondly a dog makes for real good company.

Even if you stay in Blighty I am certain you will be made more than welcome at any of the rallies of which there are many and often attended by singles of both sexes.

Do it as it is sooooo much better than sitting back and later wishing you had

All the very best Lynda and Alan

• Like Like x 3
  18. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

:party2::flyingwelcome::flyingwelcome::party2:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to fun, quite a lot of solo travellers on here, in fact one of the lady motorhomers is travelling in Morocco now with a group of other funsters, have a look at the thread so much you can find out reading the forum.
    I would say go for it enjoy, and ask as many questions as you want to. :welcomefunster:

• Like Like x 2
  20. movan

movan Funster Life Member

.... and I'm an old lady who sometimes just gets fed up full stop. Come along to the meets and get to know some of us.... I am really hoping for more single, females .... feel like a fish out of water sometimes. Even if you havn't got a van yet, come along for the day if there is one near you, introduce yourself and have a cuppa....:thumb:

• Like Like x 1