Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
had a good trip down towing the landover, the camp owner was surprised and asked how I could tow it, when they told him he could not have an A frame for his Suzuki Jimmy, I really could not be bothered to go into details, so i just told him that British is best:ROFLMAO:.

Found a place called Bigbury on sea, with Burgh island nearby,...bleddy astonished me i can tell you, never heard of it, on a hot sunny day its better that the west coast of France, give it a look if in the area.
Went to Buckfastleigh abbey yesterday, very nice, and today went to Morwhelliam Quey of "Edwardian farm" fame.......errrrr, they need to do some work there, it appears soemone is running it in second gear, needs a bit of a kick up the arze...but at ÂŁ7.50 entrance fee, is just about worth it.

What was free, and very nice, was me switching the satnav to "shortest route" and letting it tak eme from Gunnislake to Modbury across country. Tiny little lanes with unbeliveable hiils and even better views, Mostly across Dartmore, but also through tiny little hamlets and crossing rivvers etc. rather glad now i towed the landy down here, the lanes would have been out of bounds in the MH.
Tommorrow,......off down the back roads to looe..........:thumb:

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
You drove right past my house in Gunnislake!!!! (Top of the hill, near the petrol station.) Glad you are having a good time, the weather helps. I agree with you about Morwellham, it has struggled over the last few years, but is an important historic port for the copper and tin mining in the area. It is hard to imagine now, but at one time it was the busiest mining port in the world!

Enjoy Looe but watch out for the seagulls, they are vicious. They took a cake out of my grandson's hand on Monday.

Which site are you staying at? If you like trains, the branch line from Gunnislake to Plymouth has absolutely fantastic views.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We are staying at a C&CC site at California Cross near Modbury. Had a good day with sister and nephew, then popped into Pollperro for a pasty, am now chilled out on the site. a day in tommorrow, but after tea, will be going back to Bigbury on sea to perhaps watch a sunset.
Do you ever visit The Rising Sun in Gunnislake?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back