LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We saw these vans at the NEC show and one of the models is pretty much exactly what we want for our next motorhome regarding layout etc.

I'd never heard of them before (but what's new???) - I think they are from the Adria factory - anyone know anything else? Good, bad, indifferent? Martin is pretty taken with the model we like so will look at the bank account and see what can be done...... we have an agreed price for a new van (which I said I would never consider!) with a decent trade in on Buffy but if we sell privately they would be happy to not trade in. As we want a few "extras" it would be a factory order but with a smallish (less than 5%) deposit and balance on collection from dealer.

Martin is much less cautious than I am, he would have put down a deposit today! The dealer is Geoff Cox so any feed back about them would be appreciated as well.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Puddleduck

You are right they are from Adria, friends of ours are taking a shine to them after seeing them at Lincoln, they were looking today but I have been tasked with giving them the once over on Thursday.

Have you worked out what the spec is, is the water and heating elec/gas or just gas I could not find much information on the web.

After checking out the Adria stand we have an appointment on the Concorde stand so two opposite ends of the market.

Martin

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We first looked at Sun-Living motorhomes at Webbs of Warminster http://www.webbsmotorcaravans.co.uk/motorhomes/new-sun-living-motorhomes who were the first dealership to bring them in to the UK a couple of years ago. They are made by Adria & were the same apart from a few glitzy bits when we compared them & a lot cheaper but don't know if that is the same now. Webbs weren't stocking the model (35) we wanted as only part of the range was being brought in to the UK then.
We had an Adria caravan which was basic but well built so we looked closely at that brand when it came to choosing a motorhome but the quality of the foam in the upholstery was not good as squished flat as soon as sat on :( so chose a Chausson instead. Not tried the 2016 models upholstery with our big bottoms yet so hopefully better this year?!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Out of interest, which model are you looking at Ducky?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It's the Crossover Lido M45SP (I think!) There are videos on you tube of last year's models ..... not a lot of change, electric bed on the 2016 models and an updated control panel.

I found the seats very comfortable with just enough give, softer than the Chausson which I have found a bit too firm to be comfortable :), especially on a long trip.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The prices shown in the link above seem very competitive. The PVCs seem about £10K less than some UK models. I guess you would need to look at the spec to see if there was something missing you would need added and then factor that into any comparison. But at a quick glance they look very good value.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back