Free Member
Jun 3, 2013
Fulltiming in a motorhome
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
25+
My 1999 Swift Sundance RS590 original submersible water pump died a few years ago. A new pump was fitted but it was different make etc and water runs very slowly. I'd like to replace it with a more powerful pump. Does anyone know what the original pump make & model was, gallons/litres per sec, psi, etc? Swift no longer have info for my van & the mechanic who changed fitted the current pump is no longer in business.
:Sad:

Last edited:

wavehead

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilkt
Exp
My 1999 Swift Sundance RS590 original submersible water pump died a few years ago. A new pump was fitted but it was different make etc and water runs very slowly. I'd like to replace it with a more powerful pump. Does anyone know what the original pump make & model was, gallons/litres per sec, psi, etc? Swift no longer have info for my van & the mechanic who changed fitted the current pump is no longer in business.
:Sad:

I have a from new Swift 610 1996 and have replaced the submersible Whale Pump at least 3 times, as far as I know they do have about three types but our vans use the most common one sold at most van places. The slightly more powerfull one is about £10 more, but should not be required. I know from experience if the pressure switch is not set correctly (or working effeciently) or there is air in the system (especially in the water heater) the flow will be weak, pump and switch are also effected by the working voltage.
I never got a more powerfull pump also because of water wastage when free camping(its amazing how little a shower needs....)
I know this is not the exact reply you need but hope its of help...:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Any 12v submersible pump will work.

Hundreds on eBay.

You need to look at flow rate (ltrs per minute), the higher the flow rate the better the power, but gallons/ltrs per SECOND isn't going to happen with any 12v pump.

10ltrs per MINUTE is more realistic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back