Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
we are looking at changing our motorhome for a swift sundance 630l, 2005 model.the question i have is, does the 630l only have 2keys or is there a red master key, or a key code card that stays with the vehicle. as there is only 2keys with the 630l we are looking at. thank you in anticipation of your reply

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We have a 2005 630L. We have only ever had two ignition keys. We have no red key.
Please make sure you have a damp check or proper inspection carried out. Our MH had the problem with the laminated flooring that caused the soft/damp issues that were widely reported. We were fortunate that Swift had it back to the factory and sorted out all the problems. Would hate you to inherit a problem.
Apart from that it is a great van. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Yes do make sure that the damp/rotten floor problem has been solved as it is a bit late to get Swift to do it.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buffallobill

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
thank you grasscutter and jcm, for your replies i did not know there was a issue with the floor will see about an inspection for rotten or damp boards before deciding on a purchase, or will the habitation check cover the floor issue. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
red keys were discontinued around 2004 and replaced with a coded card.....except on new uk registered vans thanks to insurers threatening to up the premiums for this type.

my understanding is it was agreed with insurers that dealers would store the info on their computer system to avoid the possibility of key 'cloning' using the cards and no cards were issued.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
One would hope that a proper habitation check would pick up any damp issues. If you wish to check for yourself the problem relates to water ingress between the side skirts and the floor.
You should check underneath the van all around the edges where the side walls join floor.
They used a plastic coated plywood and if water seeped in it could not escape and dry out.
You do not state if it is a private or trade sale.
Also welcome to the forum. I would recommend you join and pay the subs. There is so much help and advice available from a great bunch of motor homers.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buffallobill

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
One would hope that a proper habitation check would pick up any damp issues. If you wish to check for yourself the problem relates to water ingress between the side skirts and the floor.
You should check underneath the van all around the edges where the side walls join floor.
They used a plastic coated plywood and if water seeped in it could not escape and dry out.
You do not state if it is a private or trade sale.
Also welcome to the forum. I would recommend you join and pay the subs. There is so much help and advice available from a great bunch of motor homers.:thumb:
thank you grasscutter it is a trade sale and i phoned this morning and assured me that if there was any problem with the floor they would have picked it up, and with being a trade dealer there is nothing to worry about, also there is 12 months warranty supplied as well, thanks for all the info i will have a look around the skirt edges and then keep my eye on it the sale goes through next wednesday.. thanks again bill...:thumb: ps.just paid subs a become a member ..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back