Sundance 590RS switch query

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by DaveyB, Aug 24, 2012.

1. DaveyB

DaveyB Read Only Funster

Hi, I've just purchased a Swift Sundance 590RS on a 53 plate. I'm working my way through how most things work but there's a switch that has me baffled. It's above the rear door to the right of the main control panel. It's labled ON at the bottom and a symbol a bit like a light above.

Any clues?

2. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I reckon it's a light switch.

.......Joking apart Dave, put a picture on here and the experts will have it sussed in no time flat.......Welcome to the mad house.......Griff

3. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Awning lamp switch?

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

That'd be my guess too! In the dim (sorry) and distant past not a lot of motorhomes came with awning lights so it sounds like it's been an 'owner' after-fit jobby ...

What happens if you turn it on! :Eek!:

5. DaveyB

DaveyB Read Only Funster

I'd say it's definately not owner fitted (the previous owner has done absolutely nothing to the van apart from trash it) and looks to match the rest of the setup.

There isn't an awning fitted (or any sign there once was) but there is an outside light which I assumed the switch was for but I haven't managed to get that working yet. It's accessable from inside a locker with another switch on the back of the housing. I've tried most combinations of the mystery switch, van leisure battery switch, courtesy light and the switch on the back of the housing but no luck so far. Maybe time to change the bulb and try again.

6. fusbill

fusbill Read Only Funster

I have a Suntor 590rl on a '53 plate so my control panel is likely to be similar to yours. I have an awning light the switch for which is on the right of the control panel above the door with an oval with little dashes around it above and 'on' below it. This is definatly the awning light switch on mine, I have just been out to check it.

If you are not on hook up when doing your checks I would suggest selecting your habitation 12v system with the left hand rocker switch on the control panel with the habitation and cab signs.

Come back to me if you have any other problems as I may be able to help further due to the similarity of our 'vans.

bill

7. DaveyB

DaveyB Read Only Funster

Thanks for that, now I look at it again it's obviously for the awning light. Even has an "A" for awning on the switch Doh! It just confused me in that when I pressed it nothing seemed to happen, looks like I just have a dodgy bulb or wiring (another little job for the list)

Getting there, all be it slowly

8. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Read Only Funster

Hi mate,

Our van has this awning light and its 240v so only works on hook up.

Yours may be the same

Andy