sun pulse fuel conditioner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by currynutter, Jun 10, 2010.

1. currynutter

currynutter Funster

Hi all,
    1st time virgin!
    Has anyone experience of these socalled miracle workers,
    or is it another case of ,if it seems too good to be true[it proberbly is]

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Welcome to the FUN site
    Complete and utter waste of money:thumb:
    The closest they have come is the hydrogen generator type but this has just been blown out of the water by the vehicle testing experts:Doh:
    Geo

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

A bit of Googling threw this up

The US Federal Trade Commission filed a law suit against one such company selling 'miracle' magnetic fuel saving device

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2006/08/savegas.shtm

and more reading here http://www.aardvark.co.nz/fuelsaverscams.shtml

Save you hard earned, if they worked would they not be fitted as standard .. ?

4. Ferend

Ferend Read Only Funster

5. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Sun Pulse (AKA BULLSHIT) does not work, nor can it ever do anything beneficial to your engine!

It supposedly works by "pulsing" high frequency into the vehicle electrics. The "unit" consists of a metal box about the size of a tobacco tin with two wires coming out of it, these two wires simply connect acros the battery.Two points arise from this:

1/ The battery will absorb any pulses produced by this unit so they won't actually go any further.

2/ If they did go further where would they go? Well to the engine management unit (ECU) which works on electronic pulses from a variety of sensors. So just ask yourself what would be the effect of inputting electronic pulses from a third party unit into an electronic device which is expecting electronic pulses of a specific frequency/type from its own sensors?

Answer is simple...........if this device did produce electronic pulses that could affect the ECU it would bugger it up!!!!!

For £100 or so you don't even get a fuse in the unit!

DO NOT BUY SUN PULSE UNITS, THEY DO NOT WORK, IT IS BULLSHIT!!!!!

I had a customer in two weeks ago who had been conned into buying one of these "baccy tins with two wires", his motorhome doesn't even have an ECU but they assured him it would improve his performance and MPG!!!!

I REPEAT............................................................................................................... DO NOT BUY SUN PULSE UNITS, THEY DO NOT WORK, IT IS BULLSHIT!!!!!

d.

6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Oh come on Dave do not hold back tell us what you really think of them:Rofl1:

Is that a dont like them then?:Rofl1:

7. buttons

buttons Funster

Are these the units that an Asian looking gentleman was selling at Newbury and other shows?:secret: I witnessed his sales banter and observed a sale.
    Logical thinking is definitely not a requirement of owning a motor home.:Doh:

8. tony morris

tony morris Read Only Funster

Hi I fell for this trap last year ,was told by the boss they were about to go on sale on Sky TV and the Caravan Magazine,took mine apart (they are sealed) only to find magnets inside, waste of money, took me 6 weeks to get my money back.

9. KHutchin

KHutchin Read Only Funster

Scam still going on

couldn't believe the number of people still buying these units at NFOL 2010 at Balado Park this weekend - high priced cars being driven up to be fitted withthese boxes, and also "remapped" - total cost 249.99 !!!!! What rip offs.

10. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Practise 'Fuel Efficient Driving' and see if you can save from that - at least it is free, if quite difficult in a motorhome!

Just enjoy you are on holiday after all!

The best advice I can give is to listen to Mr Newell

....a man the doesn't mince his words and testament to the 'Honest Man' that woman so often believe does not exist...they do ladies, you just won't always like what they have to say!!:Rofl1: