Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I made it to the Sun in Funny Carmarthen. I was so late leaving that when passing signs for Cardiff after 10 pm we decided to plod up the coast road to anchor up rather than disturb the sleeping funsters so late on a Friday.

We managed to moor up at Portcawl, just at the side of the road right next to the sandy Beach at about 11.15 pm and managed a good 6 or seven hours sleep, waking to find that we had no Heating whatsoever. It dropped to 8 degrees C during the night and if it weren’t for the early sunrise raising the temperature in the van we would have stayed in bed huddling together for warmth. (Well that’s what I told her)

We rose at 6.45 and walked outside to discover the sign on the lamp-post “No Caravans, No Motor homes between the hours of 11:00pm and 07:00 am”, so we hit on a few miles before pulling over for breakfast.

We arrived at the showground early about 9:00am to be greeted by Jim who looked a little hung over to say the least. 2 o’clock he said he’d intended to make his way back to his van but the mystery Funster accused him of being a lightweight and goaded him into more of Satan’s Brew in the mystery RV. Later that day I heard reports of 2.30 and even a 3 o’clock departure for bed. Disgraceful I thought and I also reminded myself that it was I who had decided not to turn up around midnight so as to NOT disturb the sleeping Funsters.

I mentioned the lack of heat in my van to Jim and he volunteered “ASH”, he’ll sort you out, you can’t miss him he’s fitting a Solar Panel to one of the vans. Great I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Then I spotted a number plate reading ASH on a Bessecar and went looking only to be greeted by a typically stocky Staffordshire Bull Terrier who all but bowled me over, shortly followed by Mrs Ash so introductions were made.

We said a few Hellos to faces which didn’t mean anything then discovered we were parked right opposite Charl with Barry, and next door was Stitch-Up (John Angie and Johns sister too. This was his first outing and we discussed awnings and tents and all sorts of stuff, which just kept coming out of the garage of his monster tag Euro-Van.
Opposite I could see the sign in the window for Peter H who very shortly afterwards introduce himself and not long after that produce THE MOST MAGNIFICENT WELSH CAKES I’ve ever tasted.

Note to Self, park next to Peter H in future, Welsh Cakes to die for, Thank-you Peter.

Helpers arrived to erect the awing tent in the shape of “Highwayman”, “Ogri” (Dylan) Jan and Bruce “Janet J”, and between us we established that vital parts were missing and we gave up.

Bumped into Ash, who arranged for a Solar Panel to be fitted to our van on the Sunday, and went up to the show to pay the bill and buy £142 worth of LED lights, and I started to get that sinking feeling in the Wallet.

Walking round the show we got chatting to more funsters who turned out to be Rhian Clive and Dax, known to you all as “Griffs”. We had fun straight away and learned that John from the Champers crew might well have moist trousers, courtesy of their Alsatian, Dax. I couldn’t wait to bump into him and ripp the pi Mickey. Then we spied Kath and next to her was John so we discussed the moist trousers and generally had a bit of fun.

“Dingray” Ray was also there and we were able to put yet another face to a name.
We all went back to the Funster area for more Welsh Cakes and Drizzle cake and the wind had dropped to nothing and the Sun was beginning to burn.

Jackie and I caught the bus into Carmarthen to raid the Bank for enough money to pay Ash for his work the next day. What a charming and interesting town, it deserved more time.

Then following a short delay getting electrickery into the Marquee we met all the other funsters, chatting over gassing and netpads and notebooks and a wonderful time was had by all. The sensible ones drifted away about 10 or 11. The less sensible ones stayed again until the small hours goaded by this mystery Funster, I went off to make a coffee, which is when I discovered the cause of my lack of heat the previous night. It was a poor state of gas supply and switched bottles and enjoyed a much warmer night.

The following day Ash appeared around 08:30 to start wiring and fixing all the gear associated with a big Solar panel and we all stood around awaiting the first bacon Butty. I started to chat with yet another Funster and discovered I was in the presence of “Really Retired” Grenville and Shirley and of course Meg. Lovely to meet you all.

Jackie and I went back into the show to part with more money and wait for the Glue to dry before making our way back to Gods own Country, the South of England.

Sadly Ash had aroused our interest in Oyster dishes and the like and we bumped into a supplier who could fit one before we head off to Lake Garda in a couple of weeks.
We will think it over we said, then as we joined the queue of punters lining up at Jim’s stand for his magic tyre valve caps we bumped into the mystery Funster again who convinced us that this “Dome” was a cracking deal and encouraged us to go for it. So another £1500 lighter my wallet was in shock and thank-you all for making it such a “Fun” and expensive week-end.

Jakie and Griff……….pp “Popeye”

Ps the mystery Funster was none other than Eddie and Lyn Van-Bitz. Thanks to you both for your hospitality and to Sian and Kath for the wonderful Bacon Butties.
A wonderful Fun week-end, my only regret, I didn’t meet Smudger. :thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Blimey they saw you coming, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask...

Peter H was in demand in Misterton and next time we intent to kindap him in August...

Popeye - You need a 'minder' otherwise someone will sell you some magic beans or even worse a WINNEBAGO...

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Blimey they saw you coming, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask...

Peter H was in demand in Misterton and next time we intent to kindap him in August...

[HI]Popeye - You need a 'minder' otherwise someone will sell you some magic beans[/HI] or even worse a [HI]WINNEBAGO[/HI]...

Tell me you're joking ShiftZZ, about the Winnie I mean, I'm a grown man, I can handle anything, but a Winnie.

My neighbours wouldn't understand, I could explain but they still wouldn't understand, maybe it's an american thing.................:ROFLMAO:

Minder eh? Who would you suggest, Yosser?
:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Not so, me old salty sea dog..

Try this....

Link Removed

These three should keep the vagabonds and rascals at bay... Like garlic to vampires... I find that leaving your money at home is a good one as a plan B...

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Great to hear you enjoyed sunny Wales :thumb::thumb:
We had a great time too

I think Jaki will have to keep you in tow with all that shopping n spending you did , and you talk about us two together :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Great to hear you enjoyed sunny Wales :thumb::thumb:
We had a great time too

I think Jaki will have to keep you in tow with all that shopping n spending you did , and you talk about us two together :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kath, twas loverley to see you again, have Johns trousers dried out.

As for the shopping, I'm more impressed with the Solar panel and the L E D lights than I ever will be with Jackie's TV Dome. Why would we need the twin jobby so that she can watch one lot of tosh whilst recording another.

I ask you! £1600 for a bleedin' aerial.......................Women.......:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Kath, twas loverley to see you again, have Johns trousers dried out.

As for the shopping, I'm more impressed with the Solar panel and the L E D lights than I ever will be with Jackie's TV Dome. Why would we need the twin jobby so that she can watch one lot of tosh whilst recording another.

I ask you! £1600 for a bleedin' aerial.......................Women.......:Doh:[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I bet it was cheaper than the ring you bought and the running costs...

:hardhat:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]I bet it was cheaper than the ring you bought [/HI]and the running costs...

:hardhat:

That ring was worth every penny of the £30 I paid.......:cry:

.........she might just read this thread you see............:thumb:

Note to self, "Must visit Pawn Broker and retrieve that ring".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back