Summer 2013 (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So, the Eurotunnel is pretty much booked up when we are going to France. So we are now crossing at 9.50 pm, can we still stay on an aire if we turn up very late? ( never used an aire ) is Gravelines the obvious choice? The return journey is much the same, we have had to book an 8.20am return crossing but not too worried about that one. I can't believe the tunnel is so heavily booked!! I know the ferry is cheaper but I can't do on the water.........:cry:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Gravelines for me every time, 20 mins from Calais all good road, turn up anytime, excelent town and the yacht club restaurant over the bridge is reasonable for good food, lidl over the bridge the other way

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Btw you can stay on the cite Europe car park just behind Carrefour for free and its near the police station so pretty secure:Smile: about five mins off the train

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for all you help folks. We are going out on Thursday 15th August at 8.50 pm and returning on Bank Holiday Monday morning. We are off to Bastogne first to watch a motocross Grand Prix, then travelling down to Morzine to check out the mountsin biking etc and possibly a ski holiday later on. Either side wil be aires or France Passion.........excited much ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back