Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Couple of weeks ago we had someone on our site using one of these Clarke machines, He had it on for ages, don't know what load was on it, probably just a charger, but I was impressed at how quiet it was for a 2 stroke. He told me he bought it for £85 new and guaranteed. Ive found it for £95 so you could buy 8 of these for price of one Honda!

Link Removed

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
My 1kva Honda might be available. It was up for £500 a couple of months ago.

1 lady owner - never raced or rallied......::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terence

Free Member
Jun 27, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Jim,

I have an Onan 2KVa Genny Bought eight years ago and has run for just over 60 hours. Beefy machine used in USA boats and RV's.
Selling it because we need to loose some weight and we just don't get enough use out of it. Looking for £300.00

Terence

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I have just been at Calais port for a few days last week...weather ok but no sun for the solar.....so most motor homers was using there genies...French, English, Belgium.. and some French running there motorhome for around two hours in the morning...

The genies...there was a large variety of makes ..
I know there is a lot of banter about Honda and Kipors...but.. there did not seem a lot of difference in sound from any of the Sine wave genies...they were all good and most was being used for about 4 to 10 hours during the day for about 5 days:thumb:...YES even the French:thumb:::bigsmile:
Mine was a Honda 1kw...Link Removed
a Clarkes 1kw, Link Removed
a few Kipors ..Link Removed

Link Removed

A Hyundai
Link Removed

a couple of French gennies.. one ..Link Removed

And one that was all black but looked just like the clarkes
Link Removed

They were all very good...but they all seemed to be just ticking over charging motorhome batteries...and a little louder at dinner time

And two Belgium motorhomes that had one cheap two stroke 850w from Aldi that was so noisy you could hear from one end of the Aire to the other in fact they moved spots and parked well away from all the other vans I think somebody may have had words:Doh:

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi I have a 2kv Honda generator (EU20i) that came with my camper van that I do not use as the van has solar power

Hi
thanks ... Roughly how much and would you be prepared to courier at my cost ?

Hi Jim,

I have an Onan 2KVa Genny Bought eight years ago and has run for just over 60 hours. Beefy machine used in USA boats and RV's.
Selling it because we need to loose some weight and we just don't get enough use out of it. Looking for £300.00

Terence

Hi Terence .. first of all welcome to the forum..
I'm sure it's a great genny, had an Onan in my RV .. but is it portable ie suitcase ?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I can recommend the Clarkes. Had one for a year and a half now. Cheapest one I could find for a 1Kw sine wave genny. Hasn't let me down so far.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
genny

Goodness, what a minefield this genny lark is.
Can someone please explain why the vast price differences please explain:)

Ta very much S:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Jim, Have you seen this suitcase inverter genny on ebay. Duel fuel, LPG and petrol at £379 brand new. It must be a bargain. Item number 300718576740

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When we got our latest Honda eu 1.0 generator, I asked about the LPG conversion, and I was told yes they will fit it, but the Honda warranty would be invalid. :Doh:

Also looked on the Edge Technology Power Ltd web site and they do a lot of LPG and it does say that [HI] our gas conversion kits carry a 12 month warranty [/HI] but what about the Honda one ?

Has anyone asked about this when they purchase from them. Bob.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Jim,

Terence

If your Onan is fitted into your 660 and is available with all the gubbins to fit into my 660 we could very well have a deal Terence...

jJ

Terence

Free Member
Jun 27, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This genny has a separate fuel tank, houre run meter etc. and fitted well into our S660 all included in price. When we purchased the vehicle the previuos owner had removed the genny but left in all the other bits, the clock read 614 hours at that time. I still have the reciepts from the purchase of the genny and all of the cct diagrams and fitting instructions.

Terence

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
When we got our latest Honda eu 1.0 generator, I asked about the LPG conversion, and I was told yes they will fit it, but the Honda warranty would be invalid. :Doh:

Also looked on the Edge Technology Power Ltd web site and they do a lot of LPG and it does say that [HI] our gas conversion kits carry a 12 month warranty [/HI] but what about the Honda one ?

The kits do, but fitting one invariably invalidates any Manf warranty on the genny its self:Doh:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Couple of weeks ago we had someone on our site using one of these Clarke machines, He had it on for ages, don't know what load was on it, probably just a charger, but I was impressed at how quiet it was for a 2 stroke. He told me he bought it for £85 new and guaranteed. Ive found it for £95 so you could buy 8 of these for price of one Honda!

Link Removed
me think this will come in handy on the spain trip gowing to get one:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

On the lings Honda site, you can order with LPG conversion, there is no mention of warranty being invalidated .. http://www.hondaenergy.com/product.php/37/honda_eu10i

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
On the lings Honda site, you can order with LPG conversion, there is no mention of warranty being invalidated .. http://www.hondaenergy.com/product.php/37/honda_eu10i

That's where we got ours Jim, along with another new Mower, :Doh: our daughters borrowed the other not very old one and never gave it back !!! :ROFLMAO:

Hope your happy with yours. :thumb:

I asked about fitting LPG and that's what they told me. :RollEyes: Yes they will fit it, but ...... Bob.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
That's where we got ours Jim, along with another new Mower, :Doh: our daughters borrowed the other not very old one and never gave it back !!! :ROFLMAO:

Hope your happy with yours. :thumb:

I asked about fitting LPG and that's what they told me. :RollEyes: Yes they will fit it, but ...... Bob.

Don't understand why if it's a genuine Honda conversion.. I would have challenged that..

Very happy with the mower thanks.. :thumb:.. and I was also happy with my Honda EU20i genny that I also purchased from Lings .... until some bright spark thought we should sell it :RollEyes:
never mind. I still have my Honda CR-V :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back