Suitable television? (1 Viewer)

gastwo

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
Hi All.
Very new to camper-vanning, and we pick up our pr-owned Autosleeper Symphony next week. I'll probably have a whole bunch of questions, but the first one is which TV works best? I understand domestic LCD sets are 12volt, and I have a voltage regulator/stabilizer.
Will a 15" or above be OK? All advice is appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Shaun.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Shaun, and welcome, we have a 240 volt 15" screen TV & DVD player combined, brought from Tesco, a considerable amount cheaper than a 12 volt TV would have cost. We also have a 800 watt inverter purchased from Macro £43. twin 85amp batteries and we rarely use hook up.

John.

Upvote 0
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
TV's have a built in mains transformer that converts the 240v ac to 12v dc ;however some come with an external transformer that simply plugs into the back of the tv.
These are the ones you can use to connect to your 12v stabliser, i have an 19"ONN tv/dvd bought from asda .

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
TV's have a built in mains transformer that converts the 240v ac to 12v dc ;however some come with an external transformer that simply plugs into the back of the tv.

The majority of small TVs are 12v with a plug in power supply simply because it is

a) cheaper to manufacture.
b) they don't have to conform to or pass IEE regulations
c) They buy plug in power supplies in bulk from a cheap Chinese source.

Bigger sets tend to have them built in due to the larger power requirements..

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Shaun
I was in COMET to-day they have 12v TVs in there from 15 to 19 inch from£120 to £200, I will prob get one myself if my current TV doesn't fit my new van, I hope this helps Pete:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There are some on flea-bay at £189.99
a company called ac-dc-tv 12 volt with the appropriate leads, also with built in DVD :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back